project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
15 Nov 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-08-19, 23:09   #21
TheTacticalRedneck
Default Re: Reality mod for Battlefield 3 is a go!

Guys I do apologize for the misunderstanding. I titled it what I did, simply because PR is basically what they're going for with the mod from my understanding. I didn't think or even consider that people would assume that it's being done by R-DEVS. My apologies again, and I've made sure to label the videos stating the same. Thanks

ALSO, From what I understand, they have developed their OWN mod tools.
TheTacticalRedneck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 17:33   #22
wingman8

I hope this happens. Squad has really let me down.

I want to return to PR (with slightly updated mechanics, e.g., PR:BF3).
wingman8 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 22:46   #23
Psyko

I hate to address the elephant in the room, but the community is a shadow of it's former self, and i think that's why PR succeeded in the first place. And even if you start a new project on BF3, or even UE4, i dont think there are enough community members who are interested enough to mod in those. Granted Squad does seem to have a mod following, but i dont think it's very effective.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-24, 18:47   #24
wingman8

It would be great if the modders could weight in here. Yes, the community has shrunk, but the genre is still very much alive, evident from the popularity of Squad.

I would happily pay for a BF3 reality mod!
wingman8 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-25, 09:06   #25
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Squad isn't a mod, it is an Independent Game.

Also if a mod was ever to be made for BF3, EA would never allow anyone else but themselves to make money off of it so even thou you may happily pay for it, as many people would happily pay for PR for that matter, you will never be able to give your money towards it, other than at most though indirect donations which in the case of PR, go ONLY towards running our site and our servers etc, and not a penny reaches any of the developers, quite the opposite, in fact, many of us developers fork out our own cash to make this mod and at some periods in our history, to keep it running.

Last edited by Rhino; 2018-08-25 at 09:19..
Old 2018-09-03, 19:04   #26
Matrox
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
I hate to address the elephant in the room, but the community is a shadow of it's former self, and i think that's why PR succeeded in the first place. And even if you start a new project on BF3, or even UE4, i dont think there are enough community members who are interested enough to mod in those. Granted Squad does seem to have a mod following, but i dont think it's very effective.
I disagree, I feel there are enough members of PR:BF2 and ARMA 2/3 communities which would be interested in migrating over.

The litmus test for any mod shouldn't be the same as a commercial game. It should be based upon: Is there at least a full server, in my region, during my timezone which I can jump onto at any time available to me?

As long as a modification can achieve that it should be deemed as a success IMO.

If you can find the four ninjas in my post, pm me to find out the prize....

Soalic: Because Microsoft Word makes really good pictures.
Matrox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 15:00   #27
Pronck
Supporting Member

Isn't it all what we want: PR with better graphics, a bit more features and fast ropes?

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 16:13   #28
SucharMistrz
Project Reality Beta Tester

IMO content > better graphic

I guess It's gonna be another 2 years until the mod will actually become something more than BF3 with disabled blue tint and some server-side improvements.
SucharMistrz is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 15:18   #29
3ti65

Hey guys

I'm the project lead for the Reality Mod for Venice Unleashed. Great to see so many former and current PR devs supporting the idea, means a lot, especially since i've played PR myself for roughly 11 years.

We've put in a lot of time into this project so far, almost 3 years for our mod only, including the initial proof of concepts and reversing. We've kinda tried to stay a bit below the radar with this, for a couple of reasons, but mainly because we dont have the resources to deal with people outside the project just yet. With the video mentioned in the OP we've tried to get just enough attention to get a couple more devs on board and it has worked out great so far. We're currently around 9-10 people working on it, and we're getting closer to initial release (closed alpha test phase will come first, about 2-3 months from now).

Won't go into the details of the mod itself here since i'm rather busy right now, but if you have any specific questions, just hit me up. Preferably on discord. We also have our own discord server, but there's hardly anything project related being publicly discussed as of now, but we will certainly look for testers there within the next 2-3 months:

https://discord.gg/2DU2daS (Make sure to read the FAQ)

That being said, if you want to support the project in any way, please go ahead and hit me up with a PM on discord. We're still looking for Community Managers, Devs (JS, CSS, Lua, C#, C++, Reversing) and SysAdmins.

If you like the idea, but have doubts about the capability of both the platform we created and / or our team, just hit me up and i'll gladly explain stuff. (Preferably in a voice chat)

I'll make sure to announce the closed testing phase here on the forums as well, so stay tuned.

Cheers

3ti
3ti65 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
battlefield, mod, reality