project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
15 Nov 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-08-11, 11:35   #1
davo6233
Lightbulb Own choice of military fraction/vehicles in a map, and play it on Internet Server

I found out how to change military fraction or vehicles or other objects in a map and play it through lan or Internet server (forwarded port) as it was ABLE YEARS ago.

But now when you do it, you can't even launch a game via online account.

I found a way how to do it. But i fear when I tell it, DEVs will patch it somehow..

Hint: Just copy any map you want, and rename it to any custom name... When you do it, you can now change objects, or even whole military fraction (like China to MEC).

I tested it on Route 106 map. It works. I exchanged total useless Gopher aav for Tunguska, and some "multiplayer versions" of BTRs for "single player *_bf2" BTRs. And also.
davo6233 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 12:35   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Default Re: Own choice of military fraction/vehicles in a map, and play it on Internet Server

there's no problem with copy pasting a map to make a custom one for local play.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-11, 15:33   #3
davo6233
Default Re: Own choice of military fraction/vehicles in a map, and play it on Internet Server

than okay, thats great.
Cuz thats the point, when you rename everything what contains name of an original map, the game will not crash in loading screen, and everything will work.
davo6233 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
choice, fraction or vehicles, internet, map, military, play, server