project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
07 Apr 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-04-11, 02:29   #1
Nabors
Default Best time of day for US server teamwork?

Ive been getting really unluckly lately where the server im in is mainly a bunch of people running around on their own. My last few have been good but none as fun as when I first started back up a few weeks ago. Is there some sort of magic time or is it my squad choice?
Nabors is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 16:48   #2
Wing Walker
Default Re: Best time of day for US server teamwork?

People always complain about team work, I never have a huge problem any time I'm on. Smaller populated servers seem to be more fun sometimes.

The problem is people are not communicating in their squads. Talk. Or if your mike is not working, type.

But really, start squad leading.

Players are way more energized when you take charge and start showing them the team work rather than waiting for it.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 17:17   #3
Marcsef

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.A.Sharps View Post
Players are way more energized when you take charge and start showing them the team work rather than waiting for it.
I wholeheartedly agree.
Marcsef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 20:50   #4
[TP]Olsen

The servers in Europe tend to have good teamwork from around 20.00 gmt/21.00 cet
[TP]Olsen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 23:40   #5
Code11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcsef View Post
I wholeheartedly agree.
I agree that "Taking charge" and "Squad leading" can sometimes energize and motivate the squad to be a bit more organized and disciplined but that's not always the case. I've experianced many many occasions where i was straight forward, "Taking charge" and "Squad Leading" and had the entire squad not listen. In addition, i've had many people try to "Back seat" lead because that person considers his plan to be better or he considers himself more experiance or whatever his/her reason is. I think if you are that confident in your squad leading and can't stand to see someone else squad lead in a manner other than the way you'd do things then don't join someone else's squad...create your own and you'll never have a problem.
Last edited by Code11b; 2015-04-13 at 00:02..
Old 2015-04-13, 10:26   #6
Tit4Tat

IMO it's down to two things, reputation and assertiveness. If your in a clan which has a good reputation and known, smurfs tend to respect and follow your orders etc if you sq lead. If your clanless, you have to be assertive as sl...simple, anything else and you will lose your control of your sqd, there is a good number of clanless player's that are fantastic sl's, so we do a full circle as those players fall into the reputation bracket. Either way, if they don't listen....kick function.

==============================================

=MeRk=_Smurf_1st

Tit4Tat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 06:02   #7
gootohell

Is there some sort of magic time or is it my squad choice?
gootohell is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-21, 20:57   #8
Nabors

In playing more, ive realized that it comes down to squad choice. It has to also be a good mix of taking it seriously, but not getting mad. Ive left squads because, as someone who is normally a medic, it got annoying having the SL spazz out about getting him up right away. Then there are most squads that understand why the medic is there and respect that I am judging when to revive them based on the current state of combat. Ive been on a role with good squads lately.
Nabors is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 20:38   #9
matty1053

I noticed around 10pm Eastern time to have the best teamwork on US servers.

You will have that one squad not teamworking a decent amount of times. Or at least a few players not teamworking.

Of course you can squad lead, to help make a big difference. I've squad led a few times where the entire team wasn't communicating or teamworking at ALL. I like squad leading because you actually dictate 7 players legally! > But, you should squad lead especially if zero teamwork is occuring.

But I've played around the 10pm+ time, **Depends on what day of the week. And I've noticed a lot of teamwork comparing to the time where US servers are usually filled.

On Monday-Thursday is where you get a lot of great teamwork IMO.
Friday-Sat is a time where a lot of people are playing and tend to just mess around it seems like, comparing to Mon-Thurs. (*But you still find a lot of teamworking squads)
Sunday is generally mixed.
*These are based on my experience

But do not be afraid to squad lead. Believe me, if you team has zero teamwork... you cannot be a bad squad leader. (Unless you just don't try at all)

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 18:18   #10
Wing Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code11b View Post
I agree that "Taking charge" and "Squad leading" can sometimes energize and motivate the squad to be a bit more organized and disciplined but that's not always the case. I've experianced many many occasions where i was straight forward, "Taking charge" and "Squad Leading" and had the entire squad not listen. In addition, i've had many people try to "Back seat" lead because that person considers his plan to be better or he considers himself more experiance or whatever his/her reason is. I think if you are that confident in your squad leading and can't stand to see someone else squad lead in a manner other than the way you'd do things then don't join someone else's squad...create your own and you'll never have a problem.
Taking charge and squad leading means just that.

People generally want to have a leader when they play PR.

You're not always going to have the perfect squad, but in my experience if you are assertive in managing your squad, and communicate everything, most of the time they will listen, and begin to get energized.

But sometimes you just have to kick people that don't listen, all of them if you have too. There really should be a "perma-kick" after a certain number of times.

I'm always willing to concede the planning if someone in the squad knows the map better, but if I have a solid plan, and they keep saying we need to do this, and we need to do this, then he gets kicked. When I'm not SL, I make suggestions but I don't demand we go do something else.

If you can't get in a Squad that is populated and working together, make your own and Defend, or some other support role until the next map.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
day, server, teamwork, time