project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
05 Apr 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2013-10-10, 04:49   #31
CR8Z
Supporting Member

Sl's get better chow.

Honestly, I prefer squad leading, because I know what I'm doing and I like the way I play. I only wish I could get in my own squad every once in a while.

There are several great sl's out there whom I have played with, and I enjoy it, but the team usually needs another squad, so I do it.

I used to sick at it, but I got better over time. You can too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
CR8Z is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 05:23   #32
Bellator
Default Re: No Squadleaders / Too many noobs

I think bluwhoring clans are generally at fault for this. They're actually at fault for most ruined games i've noticed. It isn't just that they often prefer to play only blufor, but they seem to join the same team and leave the less organized players on the other side, who are left with no good squad leaders.
Last edited by Bellator; 2013-10-10 at 05:31..
Old 2013-10-10, 09:30   #33
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke

Lead, follow, or GTFO.

I would prefer squad leading more but recently I've been more impatient with people who can't follow simple orders or lack communication.

I need to get more of my active duty military friends to play.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 09:39   #34
mries
Supporting Member

I only do SL when there is no decent inf squad and like 45sec to go before start.
I?m not that good SL but always better than no squads. And it is also for training of myself, more people should do that!
Noobs who are eager to learn and play this game are really no waste of your squad, they follow your orders as the best because they want to learn and are new, you only need to answer some questions, no problem with that. In every squad should be 1 or 2 ??noobs?? give them the rifleman or AR kit and you have great teammates!
mries is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 20:05   #35
Kovanaama

Veterans, step up. Take these new gamers under your wings and show them the world of PR. Im doing my part.

FDF Looking for Modellers, Mappers, Textureartists and Exporters! #fdfpr @ QuakeNet orPM Hulabi
Kovanaama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 20:39   #36
ChallengerCC
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to ChallengerCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovanaama View Post
Veterans, step up. Take these new gamers under your wings and show them the world of PR. Im doing my part.
This has nothing to do with new gamers. The gameplay is to fast, leading is only hectic especialy with new players.
A slower gameplay would make thinks way easier. It dont force players to play together, play carefully etc. (detailed information search posts from me)

Thats the point, nothing else. In other major releases a lot of noobs where also online and it worked fine.

ChallengerCC is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 21:26   #37
CR8Z
Supporting Member

These are video games, folks. You can't make people do anything. If you're not having fun, do something else. Life is too short to spend it doing something that sucks. Or you can come here and complain. However you want to spend your time.

If you have ANY experience at all with this game, try SL'ing. It doesn't matter if you're good or not. If you know the basic mechanics, you can still teach something to the new guys. Just stick together, and you'll have a better chance to have fun. This is definitely one of those games where having fun is more important than winning.
Old 2013-10-14, 21:28   #38
Bellator

Quote:
These are video games, folks. You can't make people do anything. If you're not having fun, do something else. Life is too short to spend it doing something that sucks. Or you can come here and complain. However you want to spend your time.
Doesn't mean that there cannot be alleviating policies: for example, no more clan privileges from server people.
Last edited by Bellator; 2013-10-14 at 21:34..
Old 2013-10-15, 03:18   #39
CR8Z
Supporting Member

Sorry, I wasn't aware that servers had clan privileges. Do you mean, where they switch clan mates on to the same side? Or do you mean, they don't let people team switch to play on the same side? Because people will do mostly whatever they want in that regard. They don't care about fairness or good gameplay, and only care about themselves. There are few policies you can put in place to alleviate selfishness.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 2013-10-15, 18:52   #40
Bellator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR8Z View Post
Sorry, I wasn't aware that servers had clan privileges. Do you mean, where they switch clan mates on to the same side? Or do you mean, they don't let people team switch to play on the same side?
Well they should be kicked in that case. I don't know.

I just hate clans. They are truly ruining the game with their behaviour.

Just recently I played like three games in a row: all cut short because the clan players were all on the blufor side. It seems increasingly that the veteran players don't even want a challenging game: they just want to bully the noobs and pretend that they're great team players because they can prevail over mobs.
Last edited by Bellator; 2013-10-15 at 19:06..

Tags
noobs, squad leaders, squadleaders, teamwork