project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
03 Apr 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2016-09-04, 10:41   #141
B2P1

Default Re: [Faction Concept] IS force (daesh, TROSI etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
Spawn time: 20 minutes.
B2P1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-04, 19:16   #142
CaptMiller

I have edited model of Hilux, made it more curvy, so now I have to do UV again, and I will create 2 variant of texture: without mud and with mud

also some refs
hilux with mud

T-72

Humvee

around 40% of weapons and vehicles of isis is american, I saw a lot of types weapon, and this some of them
M16A2

M4A1 with Eoteh probobly it will in Officer(alt) kit

M249

M4A1 with ACOG I solve use it in Officer(std) kit

AR15 with sniper scope

MADPAD digital desert camouflage

Milkor granade launcher(Croatia)

M14 sniper rifle

AimPoint Scope, probably will use in spotter(alt) kit

CaptMiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 00:22   #143
[R-DEV]​Insanitypays
PR:BF2 Developer

I would advise against relying solely on media and photos

Its awfully complicated because ISIS is made up of so many groups and sub-groups.
Also consider the controversial nature of this faction; everyone and their mother has their own agenda- meaning there is likely a lot of money and resources behind propaganda intended to distort the public's perception of ISIS as stronger or weaker than they actually are. Even your average liveleak video could have been even slightly edited or doctored to achieve an emotional reaction from the viewer or prevent you from seeing important contextual cues.
Try to find some well cited books or papers on their tactics, vehicles, weapons, and logistics (what kinds of gear/ammunition/etc they have access to and where it all comes from), then shape their PR representation on that.

I noticed you already doing this, but don't forget to focus on what is most common and most importantly what makes logical sense. Of course, don't forget what it is that makes this group unique compared to existing PR factions gameplay wise.

I'm sure all the information you need is out there if you look hard enough. Otherwise, you're doing a great job

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." -Mark Twain
Insanitypays is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 01:33   #144
CaptMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Insanitypays View Post
I would advise against relying solely on media and photos

Its awfully complicated because ISIS is made up of so many groups and sub-groups.
Also consider the controversial nature of this faction; everyone and their mother has their own agenda- meaning there is likely a lot of money and resources behind propaganda intended to distort the public's perception of ISIS as stronger or weaker than they actually are. Even your average liveleak video could have been even slightly edited or doctored to achieve an emotional reaction from the viewer or prevent you from seeing important contextual cues.
Try to find some well cited books or papers on their tactics, vehicles, weapons, and logistics (what kinds of gear/ammunition/etc they have access to and where it all comes from), then shape their PR representation on that.

I noticed you already doing this, but don't forget to focus on what is most common and most importantly what makes logical sense. Of course, don't forget what it is that makes this group unique compared to existing PR factions gameplay wise.

I'm sure all the information you need is out there if you look hard enough. Otherwise, you're doing a great job
I doubt that anyone ever on this forum know more than I do about isis ( their equipment, weapons and vehicles), because I watched almost all of their video with fights from 2013, Offcourse I dont support them, I am russian christian I just love war theme. And I can promise that I will do this faction most plausible

the main part anyway will be Soviet weapons and vehicles , they really have a lot of American weapons , but I'm not going to give it to them more than in real life. Such kits as Officer, Spotter, marksman, sniper will have optic scopes, other without. But almost all kits will have russian and american weapon ( m14 sniper rifle and Aimpoit it is may be is too rare to include it but other weapon as m249, m240, M16A2 It has the right to be included
Last edited by CaptMiller; 2016-09-05 at 01:39..
Old 2016-09-05, 04:20   #145
CaptMiller

My new project. Hyundai HD 65 Truck
Most popular truck in Syrian War.

CaptMiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 09:27   #146
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

On top of what insanity says, the general rule of thumb is that if you take 50 fighters of the faction, what would their layout be. If you are making a specific regiment or subgroup of Daesh that's fine, but remember if you do the general fighting group, it's gonna be 80% AK. And they aren't all going be wearing fancy camo.

They surely have a lot of imports, but as Insanity says, propaganda footage always comes from the highly trained forces, while most of their forces aren't and are using whatever equipment they can get. Which is going to be in their own clothing, with some AK.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 10:06   #147
CaptMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mineral View Post
On top of what insanity says, the general rule of thumb is that if you take 50 fighters of the faction, what would their layout be. If you are making a specific regiment or subgroup of Daesh that's fine, but remember if you do the general fighting group, it's gonna be 80% AK. And they aren't all going be wearing fancy camo.

They surely have a lot of imports, but as Insanity says, propaganda footage always comes from the highly trained forces, while most of their forces aren't and are using whatever equipment they can get. Which is going to be in their own clothing, with some AK.
as I already told, I won't exaggerate or underestimate an opportunity, I am guided by tons refs which I saw for several years

These are not my imaginations, they one only took hamvee 5000 in the city of Mosul, 20 000 small arms of the American production, I can be mistaken in specific figures, but amounts are huge.

And "fancy clothes" they have also captured this at the Iraqi army in the city of Mosul and other cities,, and why is it fancy ? it is typical american desert camo, I would even tell that in her almost every third or fourth of them goes, in my opinion you just haven't understood a question and you draw hasty conclusions

you have also not studied the plan of fraction which I provided in the beginning, there it is visible that 60-70% of weapon of the equipment Russian-Soviet
Last edited by CaptMiller; 2016-09-05 at 10:27..
Old 2016-09-05, 10:31   #148
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I don't need to look at your plans to know you rarely listen to our feedback anyway. There are two different forms of modding for PR, those who wish to see their content make it into the core game, and those who just want to mod and make stuff. Both versions are awesome and cool, and we will assist in both ways. But you clearly want to fall into the first category. And in the current shape of your project, it's not going that well...

If you speak of using a M249 as the automatic rifleman alt kit, M16A3 as alt rifleman, it's enough for me to realize you don't know what a kit layout should look like. Me and Insanity are telling you to be careful and take a closer look at it, but all you say is 'trust me I know I'm doing this right, please let me be'. Which you have said with pretty much everything you did so far. You come to this thread, you post some pictures of what you are making, we give you feedback, and you move on to the next thing....

I'm very much interested in the content you are making, as it's definitely something that has a place and need in PR, but if you don't start listening or following design methods we have told you from the very start about everything, from modelling, texturing, UV's, faction design,... then I doubt anything shown here will be ever in the hands of the players. The very first example, is not even a dedicated thread for each individual asset you are making.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 11:18   #149
CaptMiller

you have drawn to yourself an image typical "insurgent fighter" - with AKM and in tatters, and you don't pay attention to what I tell. You don't pay attention to refa that I bring. 20 000 small arms - M16, machinguns, rifles have been taken by ISIL in 2013-14, but to you on it to spit, you have the image typical insurgent fighter. You have accepted STG-44 for FSA of fraction, just because, some guy has shown a photo from the insurgentguy with this rifle, then that prevents to give m16a3 and M249 for some fighters especially as there is a mass of proofs where they use it and these are not commercials as you were expressed, these are frames of real fights.

and I not accidentally delivered m16a3 for a rayflmen, I made it intentionally as I see abundance of these rifles at them, and as I said it is not commercial frames it is frames with real fights
Last edited by CaptMiller; 2016-09-05 at 11:42..
Old 2016-09-05, 12:08   #150
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMiller View Post
You have accepted STG-44 for FSA of fraction, just because, some guy has shown a photo from the insurgentguy with this rifle
In hindsight that was a mistake, an addition by an enthusiastic developer shall we say.

camo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
concept, daesh, faction, force, trosi