project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
20 Jun 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2021-04-05, 13:00   #1
ProfKiller_LT

Cool 4km maps for BF2142?

Greetings, I wondered if it is possible to fix the infamous terrain issue for 4km maps for BF2142?

I tried to use "terrainCuller.setUseStitchedLods 0" on tmp.con but it has no effect. What is more, 4km maps that work flawlessly well in bf2, don't work that well in BF2142. I suppose that BF2142 doesn't recognize the terrainCuller code? And I would be very happy to know if there's some kind of solution to this?

I'm working on BF2142 "Project Remaster" and I recreated "North Mountain Pass" (it can be seen in the second image) which was a cut map from BF2142. Sadly I wasn't aware of 4km map terrain issue before I finished my map and the only one viable solution for me would be to convert it to a 2km map which would cut a big chunk of the gameplay area.

Thank you,

illicitSoul
ProfKiller_LT is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-18, 11:05   #2
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: 4km maps for BF2142?

try putting it in your terrain.con, might be your simply not loading your tmp.con

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2142, 4km map, bf2142, terrain bug