project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
20 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2011-04-27, 21:59   #1
simeon5541

Default Russian Shotgun

Why Russians are using Chinese Remington shotgun when there is Saiga shotgun in the game ?
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 20:09   #2
heroes maker

Default Re: Russian Shotgun

by chinese remington shotgun , did you wanted to say "TOZ 34" ?

if yes, this is a russian pump action shotgun, used for police action is CQC ( or CQB ), mostly used by OMON or FSB, it's not used, or rarely by the regular army

if not, post picture please
heroes maker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 20:15   #3
Bellator

the russian army rarely uses shotguns. so they didn't bother model them.
Bellator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 20:28   #4
simeon5541

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroes maker View Post
by chinese remington shotgun , did you wanted to say "TOZ 34" ?

if yes, this is a russian pump action shotgun, used for police action is CQC ( or CQB ), mostly used by OMON or FSB, it's not used, or rarely by the regular army

if not, post picture please
No,there is no TOZ in the PR,
I know that Russian Army is not using shotguns,but in PR they are using Norinco 982 which
is straight copy of some Remington shotgun,while MEC is using Russian Saiga shotgun.
Old 2011-04-28, 20:29   #5
simeon5541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
the russian army rarely uses shotguns. so they didn't bother model them.
I know that,but MEC are using Russian Saiga shotgun.
Old 2011-04-28, 20:58   #6
ShockUnitBlack

I'm certain the devs are aware of it, it's really just a matter of resources. If they could add in a new shotgun or T-72 model into the game, I'm sure they would. Give 'em time.

PS - The SV-98 isn't widely used by the Russian Army, but it's in the game anyway simply because it's the most realistic sniper rifle available to them currently. I'm sure a similar rule would be applied to a Russian shotgun.

"I Want To Spend The Rest Of My Life With You Tonight."
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 23:39   #7
simeon5541

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
PS - The SV-98 isn't widely used by the Russian Army, but it's in the game anyway simply because it's the most realistic sniper rifle available to them currently. I'm sure a similar rule would be applied to a Russian shotgun.
Yeah that is true,also Chinese Army is not using it,but if China would manufacture,
it would be probably a copy of something Russian.
But few years ago China have develop real sniper rifle,but only for use in their police . . .
For now . . . I mean on JS 7.62 .
Old 2011-04-29, 20:21   #8
Acecombatzer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeon5541 View Post
Yeah that is true,also Chinese Army is not using it,but if China would manufacture,
it would be probably a copy of something Russian.
But few years ago China have develop real sniper rifle,but only for use in their police . . .
For now . . . I mean on JS 7.62 .
According to the 0.95 change log, the SV-98 for China is a temporary model. A new Sniper for the Chinese should be added in the next version but I'm not sure.
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 22:09   #9
J.F.Leusch69
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Nosferatu View Post
There is no such thing as 'standard shotgun of Russian army', there is no any regulation on how and where such weapon could be used. The only troops who operate with such weapons are specnaz and the weapon that is most close to be standard is KS-23 used by MVD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Evans View Post
Hello.
So, the first point that I want to mention is that the Armed Forces of Russia does not use shotguns. As far as I know, some tests of "Saiga" shotguns in combat conditions have taken place during the first Chechen war, but they were considered unsuccessful.
But if shotguns are have to be in the game due to the balance, why not to swap Chinese Norinco 982 with pump action KS-23 shotgun or semi-auto KS-K shotguns? They are as well not in service with the Army, but are used by the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs special units.
Here are some links in English:
KS-23:
KS-23 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Modern Firearms - KS-23
KS-K:
IZHMASH JSC official site

If anyone is interested in doing this, I can provide some additional images and information about these shotguns.
this should explain it a bit more
J.F.Leusch69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 20:25   #10
heroes maker

chinese use the QBS 09 now, and they are going to adopt the QBU 09 as their new cal .50BMG sniper rifle

QBU 09 : QBU-09 12.7x108mm Anti material rifle with digitized fire control system

QBS 09 : China’s QBS 09 Semi-automatic Shotgun | The Firearm Blog
heroes maker is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
russian, shotgun