project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
20 Mar 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2008-08-26, 22:07   #1
Darkpowder

Lightbulb [Proposal] Zombie Mini-Mod ;)

Well after some discussions with some respectable folks who will rename thankfully (for them) nameless i thought i should post this.

We have teams for building new factions for PR so why not a Mini-Mod to give people a break from sensible military what-if scenarios and detailed tactics.

Happy to act as creative director, if we get some devs to sign up to the idea.

Zombie-Mod for PR.

Various Options present themselves.

(yes i know there is such thing as "zombie mod already" - but we can do it better or enhance it, or whatever) (i'll leave the intellectual property issues to someone with more knowledge of it than I).

1. When you die, you spawn on the zombie team, we fix it so you can't switch back until the end of the round.
2. Zombies can only be killed with explosive fire, or headshots.
3. Non-zombies spawn as civilians, and have to find their weapons, some limited kits are available for "national guard" class.
4. We use the std PR maps, perhaps with an additional "USA Shopping-Mall" map for that Dawn of the Dead feel.
5. We make the zombies, a: slow or b: fast like the ones in DotD or "28 Days/Weeks Later".
6. We make the zombies players, with respawns on the spot if you don't get shot in a "kill" area, perhaps with "regeneration" for other damage, or just invulnerability.

Post your suggestions for "things you would like to see".

Sign up if you are a coder, and if the devs want to sign up to make this as simple or as complicated as they want, then who knows.

Aside from the ideas on speed, hitpoints etc.

WE NEED:

1 - Model 1-4 for zombies, to give us a variety of flavour for zombies, so they don't look uniform.
(the models should look varied, (i.e. not just like a zombie mec, perhaps use zombie china, zombie, brit, zombie mec to give a variety). We can mix them up or make them vaguely related to the PR faction that usually appears on the map. Either way. variety is good. I'm thinking 28 Days later style zombies with speed.

2 - 1 Dedicated zombie-mod map (Would like to take some of the USA-influenced maps from Armoured Fury (will need a senior PR dev to confirm legal status of this) to get a nice Shopping Mall Map. Alternatively we can always bring back "street" for this little Addon PR mod.

3 - A choice of bloody looking implements, clubs, sharp sticks, bloody knives, garden implements, cricket bat etc. OR we just have a nice punching animation instead of any weapon at all. (The former will give the bluefor faction a chance to use dropped zombie weapons.

4 - Some good code for zombies, that make them act realistically. (we shall need some assistance from - and some nice collaboration from PR_SP perhaps here).

Last edited by Darkpowder; 2008-09-02 at 23:50..
Old 2008-08-26, 22:12   #2
Scot
Supporting Member

Default Re: Serious PR Off Topic Suggestion - Zombie Mini-Mod ;)

I endorse the above event/product.

Shame I can't code, model or map...

I would like to see one kit which is pretty... pretty badass....

with like AT4, M16, M249, M14 etc, like all the weapons, just for awesomeness!

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 22:14   #3
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy

There are already is that one by Death by Binary, anyway, if you need some statics or small easy models, contact me

Lil' bit of coding would be possible too

Brummy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 22:16   #4
Alex6714

Sounds interesting.

What do the zombies kill with though? Knives or what?

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 22:18   #5
Scot
Supporting Member

Well generally I hear they kill by grabbing you and biting you over and over till you turn zombie...

/sarcasm !

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 22:21   #6
cplgangster

tis very much like the COD 4 zombie mod that was quite good

i would love to play this as it is always fun to get away from the serious side of stuff
cplgangster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 23:47   #7
Darkpowder

Glad to hear people like the idea.

If you need inspiration..

YouTube - 28 Weeks Later - Running from the infected (Benny Hill) (28 Days later comedy)

YouTube - "down with the sickness" - richard cheese - Sickness (some bad words in here so don't watch if you are a young-un and not certified to see the dawn of the dead 2004 movie) (sing along - its karaoke time)

YouTube - 28 Weeks Later Sniper Barrage (28 Days Later snipers)

Darkpowder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 02:18   #8
creepin

*cough*cough* not new the idea!

New Scenario night - ZOMBIES!! - Tactical Gamer

we already did this twice on the tacticalgamer private server with about 40players (more didnt come) and that was freaking hilarious, at the end we had one brit run accross the whole desert in basrah and a horde of 39 zombies running behind him!!

one of our fellow |TG| members made a nice vid:
creepin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 02:23   #9
Scorch

Send a message via AIM to Scorch Send a message via MSN to Scorch

I'd like a zombie mod.
Pr mechanics + zombies = win.

Scorch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 04:06   #10
WNxKenwayy

1. hop in vehicle
2. run over ever zombie in sight
4. Profit
WNxKenwayy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
addon, minimod, proposal, serious, suggestion, topic, zombie