project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
18 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2008-12-28, 15:02   #31
RedAlertSF

Default Re: [Proposal] PLAN Marines

Midway would be better, as I said before.

I think it would be balanced. PLANM needs few ships (those in which are in the starting post) with a lot of boats and AA on the ships. US could have some choppers or jets. It would be really awesome. Take a look:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ay_Islands.svg
RedAlertSF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 16:45   #32
arjan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
As for PLA air support, could we not have the JDAM on a much shorter timer? Or even a new arty system that delivers a bunch of smaller bombs in an area?
I allready had a converstation with HZ about that, we had the idea of a new area attack: a cannon bombardment, it is realistic since those ships have cannons.

Around 8 to 10 shells, that would come down within 3 seconds and duration would be 4 to 6 seconds, and it could take out around 1 or half a grid?

But he said that was upto the dev's since its has to do with gameplay.

For the maps, i sended ZH a map idea via PM but he hasnt responded yet.
arjan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 17:16   #33
Jonny

Arjan, RedAlert, try making the maps, not just talking about them. Midway will look much better to us in the editor than on wikipedia...

The arty should have the same kind of effect as more regular JDAMs, but should be able to be used almost continuously. What if the guns had a limited number of shells? I dont know how many each ship carries, but it could be interesting if the CO can only allow a limited number of barrages with practically no gap between them.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 17:56   #34
RedAlertSF

Jonny, you're right. I got BF2editor on my computer but can't make anything with it actually. Maybe it's just about the skill, but interface of that thing is...horrible.
RedAlertSF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 18:10   #35
Jonny

start with the terrain editor from the top left drop down menu, you create new maps starting there. Its best to import the terrain from an external program though.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 19:18   #36
motherdear
Retired PR Developer

well i have been tasked with creating a small boat for the chinese so i'm just gonna post the update pictures.

the biped in the picture is 2 meter high so that you got something to compare with, the boat is 4-5 m long, 1 meter + wide, and about 0.75 m highish.
motherdear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 19:25   #37
aperson444

Looks good for a small transport boat.
aperson444 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 20:01   #38
arjan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Arjan, RedAlert, try making the maps, not just talking about them. Midway will look much better to us in the editor than on wikipedia...
What would made you think i havent made a map yet?
I was allready talking about me doing maps and stuff back in EEF.

And i only sended him a map idea, so i could get a green light on it or not.
Last edited by arjan; 2008-12-28 at 20:07..
Old 2008-12-28, 20:11   #39
PRC_Heavy_Z
Retired PR Developer

@Rhino
I will plan on creating the assualt Vessels and I am currently searching for info on the pallet texture thing you've mentioned. I will not make much of an interior for the ship, only a stair way to the rear heli hanger from the vehicle bay so it shouldn't be too much of a task compared to a Carrier, and as you mentioned the Vessel is ~ less than 3/4 the size of a carrier. If you could give me a link to some info on creating a "carrier" static that'd be awesome. Though why can't we just create a giant single static? If the Assualt vessel doesn't go well, we could also simply have small islands on the maps as staging areas.

@Motherdear

Very nice work Make sure to use some smoothing groups and "make planar" some of those faces good job.

Regarding the Maps, I remember there were a few community maps that were made which could be utilized by PLAN Marines.. IE. Wake Island Remake, one of the maps HughJassy made... I'd have to ask around though.

And Arjan is planning a map already, I just got to PM him about certain things... Arjan, expect a PM soon, I like the general map Idea though I think there's certain things are needed.

We still need someone who can do texture, IE. Bump Maps, Specular Maps and of course the good ol' color map. If anyone could take up this position, please PM me.

Edit: Regarding Air assets, realistically the PLAN Marines will never invade without the skies cleared out by the PLAAF. The PLAN Marines have no Anti-air assets and very limited air support. Thus, there will not be any air assets on the defending faction (Otherwise one apache will wipe out the whole team :P).
Last edited by PRC_Heavy_Z; 2008-12-28 at 20:16..
Old 2008-12-28, 22:11   #40
Drav
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Motherdear some of the triangulation looks a bit suspect, tho that may just be the lack of smoothing groups. Post a picture up with it smoothed.....fits the reference nicely tho....
Drav is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
faction, marines, plan, proposal