project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
26 Mar 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-28, 22:22   #41
=USOR=Oleg-Russia

Default Re: [Vehicle] Ka-50 [DONE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
so what is the poly count now? 14,000 polys?
Not yet.

= Ka-50 Hokum =
Old 2008-05-28, 22:59   #42
halvor1

Quote:
Originally Posted by =USOR=Oleg-Russia View Post
Not yet.
dude how about posting this to the crymod.com for crysis That would be sweet since this is top notch

Old 2008-05-28, 23:21   #43
DeltaFart

maybe try cutting down a bit on the engine area? Exaust ducts, the rotors, the side thingies that look like srf boards

Old 2008-05-28, 23:39   #44
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFart View Post
maybe try cutting down a bit on the engine area? Exaust ducts, the rotors, the side thingies that look like srf boards
the big problem is cutting down polys after doing the UV and texture is not that easy...

Old 2008-05-29, 01:37   #45
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
the big problem is cutting down polys after doing the UV and texture is not that easy...
true, but collapsing down to an editable poly level, then optimizing the model, and then add the uvw unwrap modifier once again to repair any problems that might have popped up is actually pretty straight forward and should save quite some time. The benefit is that if anything needs to be "repaired" then you will unwrap the face(es) in question directly to the texture sheet - like static texturing.
Old 2008-05-29, 11:05   #46
=USOR=Oleg-Russia

Quote:
Hehe thx for explonation to guys But most problems are on front of chopper and rotor i have already optimized rotor, wheels,interuer,wings engines ,lamps , but this optimization will take alot of steps to get heli in balance , i have also thinked about detatching all missile containers and add them later in aditor as separate object this wayit will be easy to customize weapon systems , that later we can handg on heli meybe 20 missiles container and on sides aa missiles .I was also thinking about crysis my friend he told me to put heli in crysis.I am big fan of crysis self so who knows meyb e after i have exported in bf, but for crysis i`m gonna use ORIGINALK model of heli"crysis can run it "

= Ka-50 Hokum =
Old 2008-05-29, 11:08   #47
=USOR=Oleg-Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-trooper View Post
true, but collapsing down to an editable poly level, then optimizing the model, and then add the uvw unwrap modifier once again to repair any problems that might have popped up is actually pretty straight forward and should save quite some time. The benefit is that if anything needs to be "repaired" then you will unwrap the face(es) in question directly to the texture sheet - like static texturing.
heli is created in maya so , maya is great programm , but i don`t know where is in maya "collaps" and all this stuuf, the greates part of maya is that you dont need all this kind of modifiers to edit something or create you just use small tools for it and you can edit each tool by changing artributs.

= Ka-50 Hokum =
Old 2008-05-29, 12:43   #48
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-trooper View Post
ye that's the way I would do it too

Old 2008-05-29, 15:00   #49
=USOR=Oleg-Russia

But what do you think about if i will detach this weapon and add to heli as separate object, so we can later easy customize weapon loading, put on it some over missiles.If i detach them heli will drop 5k of polycount and 9000 tris.

And here is what we can put on it later

= Ka-50 Hokum =
Old 2008-05-29, 15:10   #50
[R-DEV]​Rhino
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by =USOR=Oleg-Russia View Post
But what do you think about if i will detach this weapon and add to heli as separate object, so we can later easy customize weapon loading, put on it some over missiles.If i detach them heli will drop 5k of polycount and 9000 tris.
Oh I didn't realize that was a question before

Yes these should be separate objects, epically things like missies as missiles will have a "dummy missile" that sits on the rack and when the missile is fired, the dummy missile on the rack goes to make it look like the missile on the rack has been launched which it has but not code wise

Gun pods etc are also good to have as separate objects for the reasons you have stated, you can then customize it easily code wise if the coder wishes to

Thou don't be fooled that making these objects separate wont drop the poly count, it will drop it for the main model but when they are added back on code wise as a separate object, they will still be there and still will take up polys and performance but they can have there own LODs and cull distances to increase performance but you will want to optimize these as much as possible too

Closed Thread

Tags
ka50, vehicle