project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
23 Mar 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2019-01-02, 23:14   #1
dunem666

Send a message via MSN to dunem666
Default Colour correction issue - please help!

Hey everyone.

Now, I have an issue trying to make terrain paint colour match that of a road spline texture.

I want to be able to fade the road spline into nothing but painted tarmac. I have edited the paint colour multiple times to make it match that of what is shown in the editor, but when the map is loaded in game, the colour doesnt match...

Best way to fix this? Any help appreciated from our keen mappers

Here are some examples of what I mean...

How it looks in game (faulty)

How it looks in editor (correct)

dunem

dunem666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-03, 01:17   #2
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Colour correction issue - please help!

Ye Splines never receive the correct light settings in the editor and the simplest way to fix it that I suggest would be simply trial and error, and most likely easiest by changing the spline colour's texture in photoshop than the terrain texture colour until you get it right. While there may be an easier way than this, there may be something you can punch into the editor's console to make the roads receive the proper lighting, it wouldn't be easy to find and probably doesn't exist so ye, trial and error is probably the only option.

BTW you may be able to speed up the trial and error process by looking at the complied terrain colour texture rather than re-loading the map ingame each time but will still require you to compile the terrain colour textures in the editor before you can compare them, but faster than loading up the game each time.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-03, 16:19   #3
dunem666

Send a message via MSN to dunem666
Default Re: Colour correction issue - please help!

Thanks Rhino,

Iv'e done exactly this today, and also used colour picker within Photoshop on compiled terrain to pick average, and then apply the RGB to the colour palette in the editor. Its almost an exact match now and the closest I can get it.

I think to perfect it I will just make my own road textures to match the tarmac colour and detail texture.

Suffice to say its looking 100x better now and after all these years of making maps this is starting to be really something special!

Thanks again.

dunem

dunem666 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
colour, correction, issue