project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
19 Mar 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2018-08-13, 15:23   #1
Raidonrai
PR Server License Administrator

Default Dovre Summer/Winter Paradrops

I think the Russian paradrops on these two maps are problematic. They box the Blufor team in way too much on round start, meaning there's only really enough space for Blufor to set up one or two FOBs in specific, pretty obvious, locations.

What tends to happen on public rounds of these maps is either Russia will win the initial fight and outcap Blufor within 20 minutes, or Blufor wins the initial fight and ends up capping most of the flags as the Russians don't have enough FOBs set up either because most of the team paradropped.

I think a method to alleviate this issue, without outright removing the parachute spawns (Which would honestly be my first choice), would be to give the Blufor team some non-delayed APCs whilst still keeping Russia's delayed, meaning that any paratroopers that drop too far forward will have to deal with APCs pounding away without any support of their own.
Raidonrai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 15:34   #2
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Dovre Summer/Winter Paradrops

What kind of APCs?

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 15:54   #3
Raidonrai
PR Server License Administrator

Whatever legit APCs are already available to the Blufor team. Boxer or Puma. I believe the current APC set up is one Puma with ATGM and one without, both delayed 10 minutes? My solution for GER would be to make the non-ATGM puma non-delayed, and add another no-respawn no-delay Puma as well. BMP-2s are better than Pumas by a good amount so one extra Puma that will probably be dead within the first 10 minutes anyway shouldn't affect APC fight balance too much.

For NL I'd have to check the map gallery, which is down atm, to see what they have right now and have a little think about it as their assets are a bit different than usual. If you have that information to hand I could probably speculate more. (I'm too lazy to check in game)

A secondary solution would be to give the Blufor team a forward spawn on Apartments (The big ass T buildings) as well as the train station.

Note that neither of these would really fix the problem of too many RU players opting to use the paradrops resulting in them usually having a lack of FOBs if they lose the first fight.

imo though any possible "solution" to the problem is going to have knock on bad effects. I don't think paradrops are right for 2k maps as they provide too much map control. They should be kept on 4k maps like Silent Eagle and Thunder as in those cases there's much more ground for the opposing side to control.
Last edited by Raidonrai; 2018-08-13 at 16:02..
Old 2018-08-13, 16:33   #4
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Yes remove it. It adds nothing to game except for a coolness factor and a way for Russian to deploy more across the map.

Would russian paratroopers literally drope 1km away from a NATO base?

Dumb.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 17:19   #5
chrisweb89

Not even that, when dropping on apartments bluefor can attempt to shoot you with ARs in the air haha. I think the paradrop is a bit more of a gimmick then anything and like riad says it either is super good for a team, or with a regular pub team, it actually hurts them a lot.
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 19:22   #6
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
Would russian paratroopers literally drope 1km away from a NATO base?
No, they'd set up an airbase 4km away from a NATO one, duh.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 20:10   #7
LEGIYA

Dont you dare kill VDV!

LEGIYA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 10:22   #8
Filamu
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

I enjoy the para maps. No fighting over transports. But maybe place some of the drops a little further back?
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 14:51   #9
LimitJK

make appartements flag pre-capped, so russians can not block the cap by rushing the first flag (which is hard to counter).

paradrop should stay.

LimitJK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 03:26   #10
Carti

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitJK View Post
make appartements flag pre-capped, so russians can not block the cap by rushing the first flag (which is hard to counter).

paradrop should stay.
Now this is a great idea.
Carti is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dovre, paradrops, summer or winter