project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
19 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2016-11-29, 18:23   #1
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Goose Green

Please post feedback here.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 18:41   #2
DogACTUAL

Default Re: Goose Green

Never change that loading music! One of he best aspects of the map.

The performance is really good, full FPS almost anywhere. It is nice having a more infantry focused map of a part of the islands, to make more use of those unique new weapons, with more detail and more visual cover thanks to all the plants and tall grass.

The map also looks really nice.

I like the gameplay and the fact that there are long range engagements because the map is pretty open, but also close range encounters because of being able to sneak up on the opponent through the grass and inbetween mounds to hide the advance.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 20:49   #3
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Those sniper kits tho. IMHO, they should be limited to 1 per team or 0 sniper kits at all. It's just too simple. Get a nice spot and point and click (adventure)- rack up 20:0 - 50:00 per round easily.

There's no counter to it except another sniper, and that's boring. Don't make others suffer because one kit. I agree that taking it out all together is a bit harsh, but just as with HAT - limit it 1 per team in Goose Green and Falklands. After playing 3 rounds (1 of them fully with sniper), I've came to these conclusions.

Performance is excellent, the terrain is beautiful and interesting to fight over. I especially love the NE-E part of the map with those ravines/hills - it just seems so atmospheric and the hills are an interesting place to have inf fights on. Just the sniper kit kinda ruins some areas. If there was only 1 of them it would be cool - you would never know if it's THE sniper or just some guy with the FAL with good aim.
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 20:58   #4
DogACTUAL

Maybe that's just your experience, but i didn't see any sniper going over 30 kills, generally just around 20 or less. But yes they can be quite annoying on this map since it is so open, but can be countered very well by machine gunner or AR and can be spotted quite easily in most cases, no need to limit the kit imo but then again i only played the map like 5 times.
Old 2016-11-29, 21:48   #5
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Is it just the Argentine Sniper Rifle OP or would you also call the British Sniper OP with its 4x scope?

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 17:13   #6
Wing Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouthpiece View Post
Don't make others suffer because one kit.
Your WHOLE team got owned by 2 people out of 50???

From what I've seen, your team more likely kept repeating whatever they were doing or not doing, making your people an easy target.

Its a wide open area with little cover. If you engage in a fight there you can't call your enemy and tell them to not bring a Sniper because it would be unfair...

Adapt and Overcome.
Last edited by Wing Walker; 2016-11-30 at 17:43..
Old 2016-11-30, 18:30   #7
DogACTUAL

Exactly. I played the map more often now and the sniper threat is counterable if the team or squad adjusts its strategy and tactics accordingly.

Use accurate automatic fire to suppress, use smoke, mortar the snipers position. Sniper can be spotted quite easily too since the map is so open.
Old 2016-12-01, 04:59   #8
chrisweb89

Really fun map for infantry fighting. On the regular falklands I found the argentinian sniper a major hassle and pain, but not on this map. A good machine gunner and marksmen on brits and you can win just about any fight but the longest range one, and for that you have a tow with thermals
chrisweb89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 05:15   #9
YAK-R
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Great infantry map, snipers are annoying, i'd like to see something change.. I think 1 kit per team would be nice. It's just too easy to rack up kills. Maybe give it the the same damage values as 1.35 sv98 (not 1 shot kill to torso)
YAK-R is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 05:28   #10
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Going to reask this question since ppl seem to miss it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Is it just the Argentine Sniper Rifle OP or would you also call the British Sniper OP with its 4x scope?

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
goose, green, poxo is ghey