project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
20 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2016-07-10, 14:14   #1
CaptMiller

CaptMiller's Avatar
Default [Faction Concept] IS force (daesh, TROSI etc)

This fraction is the prototype of the " well-known " terrorist organization . I hasten to note that I'm interested in it, just to make PR a more diverse and push Syrian conflict in the game to a new level.

Plan(more references pictures)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

possible titles this fraction to bypass the ethical question

TROSI- terroristic resistance of syria and iraq
daesh
IS force

approximate the appearance of soldiers (WIP)





ATGM AT-4 Spigot (WIP)





S-60 Soviet AA cannon ( on truck and stationary) WIP






Toyota Hilux
We try to find complete FREE model with all rights. We are negotiating. When we get model, wi will optimise it and retexture.


As Saura map 4km (WIP)




CaptMiller is offline
Last edited by CaptMiller; 2016-07-10 at 14:35..
Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 16:02   #2
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Mats391's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] IS force (daesh, TROSI etc)

If you are looking for models, best way is to contact Arma 2 mods. They have about the same level of detail we can use in PR. Arma 3 might work too, but will probably require more work.
When searching 3d model databases, you have to be careful as many are really bad or not intended for games. There are a lot CAD models that are free, but not for games.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 18:24   #3
CaptMiller

CaptMiller's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] IS force (daesh, TROSI etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
If you are looking for models, best way is to contact Arma 2 mods. They have about the same level of detail we can use in PR. Arma 3 might work too, but will probably require more work.
When searching 3d model databases, you have to be careful as many are really bad or not intended for games. There are a lot CAD models that are free, but not for games.

Found some model



CaptMiller is offline
Last edited by CaptMiller; 2016-07-10 at 23:23..
Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 14:06   #4
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Mats391's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] IS force (daesh, TROSI etc)

Where is that from? Got a link?

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 15:34   #5
CaptMiller

CaptMiller's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] IS force (daesh, TROSI etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
Where is that from? Got a link?
It is from game Splinter Cell Black List , develover is Tim Bergholz.

I sent him an email, waiting for an answer , if he says that all rights belong Ubisoft , I try to write them .


Original model exist with ZSU(11k tricounts), I have deleted it
CaptMiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 15:39   #6
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Mineral's Avatar
Default

Don't try game models from other games. They'll never allow it.waste of your time.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 16:32   #7
MaxTheSilva96

MaxTheSilva96's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] IS force (daesh, TROSI etc)

Try contacting the guys behind this Arma2 mod. They have lots of Toyotas:
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/45...a-toyota-wars/

And I would also suggest to give the Faction a very generic name, so it could be used to represent several groups that are kinda similar, like Al-Nusra, or the Al-Qaeda in Yemen.

--"I find your lack of FOBs disturbing..."--
MaxTheSilva96 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 16:54   #8
CaptMiller

CaptMiller's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] IS force (daesh, TROSI etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTheSilva96 View Post
Try contacting the guys behind this Arma2 mod. They have lots of Toyotas:
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/45...a-toyota-wars/

And I would also suggest to give the Faction a very generic name, so it could be used to represent several groups that are kinda similar, like Al-Nusra, or the Al-Qaeda in Yemen.
All models ARMA encrypted and are in special formats , extract a model of these formats is a long process , as explained to me , it is better in this case , I'll make my own Toyota

I bought a very useful video tutorials on modeling, texturing UVing in Steam and I think in the future I will introduce the model to the public
CaptMiller is offline
Last edited by CaptMiller; 2016-07-11 at 17:09..
Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-12, 10:54   #9
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Mats391's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] IS force (daesh, TROSI etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMiller View Post
All models ARMA encrypted and are in special formats , extract a model of these formats is a long process , as explained to me , it is better in this case , I'll make my own Toyota

I bought a very useful video tutorials on modeling, texturing UVing in Steam and I think in the future I will introduce the model to the public
You would ask for the max files (or w/e program they use), not to be allowed to import their Arma model. I would give it a try.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 09:20   #10
CaptMiller

CaptMiller's Avatar
Default Re: [Faction Concept] IS force (daesh, TROSI etc)

TexTools I try to install TexTools(for UVing) on 3ds Max 9(it is compatible with max9), as it said in instructions , but it is not work, installation does not start, please someone help
CaptMiller is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
concept, daesh, faction, force, trosi
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 20:55.