project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
23 Mar 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2012-12-06, 09:38   #11
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Project] Survival Games / PR-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
@Rhino, I for one cant really get over Arma's dreadfull player animations that really ruin anything infantry related for me, so its good to see this survival stuff on Bf2. Granted this will be more of a deathmatch then what DayZ is, but i dont mind that really.
Same, I also hate the way ArmA2 "feels" for the player but from what I've heard the DayZ team is trying to address that for the full, interdependent release.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 09:46   #12
-=anders=-
Retired PR Developer

Yeah the things Ive hated most about OFP->Arma2 are the stiff animations regarding handling things.
The movement animations are ok, but when interacting with things, its by then I loose interest.
Also I hate the fact that the sound is depending on the fps ingame. A gun shoots faster with faster fps in Arma2. With the bf2 engine it doesnt matter if your fps is low, the sounds will still get synced.
Also I hate the laggin in Arma2 engine. So yeah, many things.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11035283/anders_prsig.png
PR:BF2 Sound & VisualFX
-=anders=- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 10:38   #13
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

for the zombie one taking inspiration from the recently held event..

give the survivors a spawnpoint that doesn't appear after like 10min, giving the zombies time to setup fobs/hideouts. They will have the same code as insurgents have, they don't need crates. They will have spawnpoints all over the city, but they will disappear after a little while.

You can modify maps aswell(you'll have to). You can make various scenarios with it. For example in burning sands, the survivors aren't allowed to touch the sand. You can make a DoD for the survivors in the sand so they can't walk there but the zombies can.

black circle, spawn
purple, helicopter
blue, survivor dod(the roads should be like the where it says "DoD", i couldn't be arsed with doing all the roads. *all roads are free from dod.
red, zombie dod
Spoiler for image:

You can make it so that the dod around the roads are thick enough to kill a survivor if he tries to go for it but thin enough for him to go through with a vehicle - like a helicopter. At his destination(a single flag on the map, with a DoD for the zombies aswell, he caps it, wins.

running with this would be cool to have a server script that puts everyone with a death on the one side.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 12:56   #14
[R-CON]​Onil
PR Tournament Management
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
Do you want to make the Crossbow an actual weapon shooting arrows/bolts or use the zipline?

What kind of maps are you thinking about too? Forests? Cities?

Which kind of weapons do you want to use, melee? Assault Rifles? Pistols?

I'm really excited for this and ready to help animate some 3D sights if you need to (like the crossbow)

I can see a map with some STALKER/Tchernobyl elements to it!!
I would like to have the crossbow firing actual arrows.

In terms of maps, I started with a big city map but have plans to do it on a forest map as well besides one other map that will be in 1.0.

In terms of weapons, every kit has melee. I've used mostly insurgency weapons as I want the majority of the weapons in game to be single fire and iron-sights but you also have some Snipers and AR's that are rare and difficult to find. As I said before, almost everything has a random spawn and the timing for spawning a specific group of weapons will be controlled by the admin.

Your help on the sights for the crossbow is appreciated, I might have a coder to do the rest of the work on it to get proper crossbow action

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
Will you have Cornucopia? That is a really good element i think, with players sapwning near it and having the choice to run into the bloodbath or run away into the wilderness.

And also, perma-death? <- Would really be fun for a one-server event, but if you could hop servers after death, it would really add to the game imo.

@Rhino, I for one cant really get over Arma's dreadfull player animations that really ruin anything infantry related for me, so its good to see this survival stuff on Bf2. Granted this will be more of a deathmatch then what DayZ is, but i dont mind that really.
In the first map there is the option to go for the center of the circle and be the first to pickup a weapon but there are only two kits and of low importance. Still it is better to have a shitty weapon than none at all. For this event, you are out as soon as you die the first time so basically we will use different players for each round and the last one is only with the winners. After the event, the plan is to have so that if you die, you swap team and become the zombie until you kill an X amount of humans.

I couldn't agree more on the dreadful animations from Arma... In regards to the difference between this and DayZ, we will do our best to improve the gameplay in terms of implementing certain needs but it will be difficult with this engine.

Last edited by [R-CON]Onil; 2012-12-06 at 13:02..
Old 2012-12-06, 13:09   #15
[R-CON]​Onil
PR Tournament Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
for the zombie one taking inspiration from the recently held event..

give the survivors a spawnpoint that doesn't appear after like 10min, giving the zombies time to setup fobs/hideouts. They will have the same code as insurgents have, they don't need crates. They will have spawnpoints all over the city, but they will disappear after a little while.

You can modify maps aswell(you'll have to).
The zombies will work with Coop and you will still not have a minimap or a chance to place or even choose a spawn point. Survivors have a fixed spawn point location while the zombies have a randomly selected spawn somewhere in the city. This means you have no choice in the matter, the script chooses the spawn for you.

Of course maps have to be modified for this minimod but you can't over-complicate things and the map choice has to be very well though to give a good environment but at the same time, prevent certain situations from being too common.

Onil is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 15:53   #16
Kevokpo

it is somehow like omnicide mod, I had a lot of ideas based on that excellent zombie mod for BF2 and I still play it sometimes XD

Kevokpo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 01:12   #17
[R-CON]​Onil
PR Tournament Management

Well, feel free to make suggestions then

Onil is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 23:56   #18
Kevokpo

What I thoguht was very simple, because of my lack of understanding how everything works, so my original idea was to make a minimod of zombies, not like dayz or wargames (and it was thought for the zombie events, but I never participated in one so I guess it would be similar). The minimod would have different gamemodes, one mode would be survival on every 1km x 1km map on PR about. All maps will be at night or will be very dark. There will be hidden kits on random locations of the map, Survivors will start with pistols and will have to find other weapons or just dropped ammo crates and they would have to survive half an hour, as soon as a zombie kill a survivor it becomes a zombie, no chance to revive, etc. The second was to make an escape mode Where survivors have 1 spawn point and have to reach a certain area on the map to escape, BUT that area is closed but fences or anything so they have to search in certain points that are randomized for kits, to increase their survability and the engineer kit to break those barricades, wires, etc.Survivors will only start with pistols, and it will only be on 2km x 2km and 4km x 4km maps, and all maps will be at night or dark like Silent Eagle for example. Then There was another mod also with the last maps that will be like normal AAS but against zombies, and there wont be Survivors there would be conventional army forces. There has been a lot of time since I planned and thought about this so I don't remember exactly how would I do this but these are the basics ideas of what I thought.

I hope this make you think and make even more interesting ideas

cheers.

Kevokpo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 14:26   #19
[R-CON]​Onil
PR Tournament Management

here's civilian player number 3:

Thanks to Spush for the help.

I'm planning on having between 6 and 8 civilian skins. Lets see if we can manage that without too much work.

Last edited by [R-CON]Onil; 2012-12-08 at 16:23..
Old 2012-12-09, 13:28   #20
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

Great work so far, I really love those survivor skins.

Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
games, project, prz, survival