project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
21 Mar 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2011-12-20, 15:27   #21
Dev1200

Default Re: Review of Rifle/DMR/Sniper Damage

AK and G3 recoil are laughable, it's so easy to just pull down on your mouse, and recoil solved. An increased per-shot deviation (especially with AR's, which have 0) and a decrease of movement deviation, and fixing the issue with 7.62 doing shit damage will be perfect.

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 20:06   #22
40mmrain
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post
AK and G3 recoil are laughable, it's so easy to just pull down on your mouse, and recoil solved. An increased per-shot deviation (especially with AR's, which have 0) and a decrease of movement deviation, and fixing the issue with 7.62 doing shit damage will be perfect.
well yes full auto with .308 isnt that unrealistic.

HK 51 full auto (50 round .308 drum) - YouTube
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 16:10   #23
CAS_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post
AK and G3 recoil are laughable, it's so easy to just pull down on your mouse, and recoil solved. .
What would you call the M-4's recoil considering the G3 has 2x more?
CAS_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 16:43   #24
Jonathan_Archer_nx01

Quote:
The AK-47 and G3 do not fire the same bullet and shouldn't do the same damage.
It's about how fast they lose that damage. The 7.62x51mm round will carry more damage over distance. Have you considered that?
Jonathan_Archer_nx01 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 01:15   #25
Murphy

There are a lot of factors to consider when talking about the real damage one of these rounds can do to the human body, but it's all just semantics when we take BF2's engine into account. I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar the dev's want realistic ballistics with true trajectory and damage that is reflective of the real situation, but they have already pushed BF2 extremely far as it is. I picture this games engine as the musculature on a race horse, fine tuned and pushed as close to the breaking point as possible. Will we see any significant changes to the way weapons handle and the effects they have on players? I hope so, but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything more then small tweaks as there is always a more pressing development to work on.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 15:49   #26
CAS_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01 View Post
It's about how fast they lose that damage. The 7.62x51mm round will carry more damage over distance. Have you considered that?
(See disclaimer 2)
Old 2012-01-06, 17:04   #27
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthgato View Post
I'd love to try one round with no deviation a la FH2.
You'd rage quit before the round even ended.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 11:12   #28
Tarranauha200

Why not give every rifle their real specs and really make infantry unbalanced. In muttarah you could give USMC much more assets as they have lots of them IRL but at the same time their guns would suck against MEC inf.

In real wars factions arent balanced. For example faction A could have better navy, but faction B would have superior infantry.
Its called Asymmetrical balance.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 11:48   #29
dtacs
Supporting Member

Its called gameplay comes first. Asset imbalance would make the game totallyl unfun for one team, which is just stupid.

Nobody can ever say that the game should be as close as it can to real warfare, otherwise it'd just be a total obliteration for one side the entire game.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 21:19   #30
CAS_117

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Its called gameplay comes first. Asset imbalance would make the game totallyl unfun for one team, which is just stupid.

Nobody can ever say that the game should be as close as it can to real warfare, otherwise it'd just be a total obliteration for one side the entire game.
Infantry weapons are realistic but they're selectively realistic. The G3/M-14s etc have a realistic number of rounds, realistic recoil, but unrealistic damage.

If it were going to be your version of "balanced" then the G-3 etc should have 30 rounds instead of 20.

Tags
damage, review, rifle or dmr or sniper