project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
20 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2011-09-09, 06:16   #11
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Default Re: New stamina regeneration pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddeath View Post
That just sounds like your team did not utilize transportation efficiently.

I am 50/50 on the current regeneration. While it may be a little arcade-like it addresses issues with jumping over obstacles, since we do not have the luxury of stepping over that barely lifted curb we have to jump over it, in reality you would walk over it and lose no stamina.

I felt like .95 was a little slow and .97 a little fast.
agreed, it dont like the new ground speed however, it's good a compromise from being totally exhausted after making it over a curb. Also the bar drains much faster now too so you aren't really running as long as a normal soldier would be able to. if it were possible to separate jumping to another bar that would be great but for now this is the best we'll get i think.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 10:33   #12
Mj Pain
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerof_D View Post
Also the bar drains much faster now too so you aren't really running as long as a normal soldier would be able to.
Sorry, but that is wrong. You still have 30 sec sprint, same as in 0.95.
And you are constantly running. The ingame walk is actually a 12km/h run.
Try doing that for a cupple of clicks.
With a rifle, 7 mags, nades, helmet, 10kg ceramic plates in your body armour, 3l of water in your Camelback, radio, boots and etc.. the list goes on.

The sprint is 21km/h. I would like to see fotage of a soldier hitting 21km/h in sand, in a forest or just some uneven ground

Mj Pain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 12:09   #13
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
And you are constantly running. The ingame walk is actually a 12km/h run.
That's my main problem currently. If only the sprint was fast it wouldn't really be a problem, but I'd like the default speed to be a fast walking pace - for long distance travel, vehicles should be used, for quickly crossing open terrain or running for cover, the sprint button should be used. For everything else, you shouldn't really need to run.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2011-09-09, 13:00   #14
Gotrol

I spend 100% of my time playing on foot, and very seldomly required to jump anywhere. There is always another way around which is usually very close. So adjusting faster stamina regeneration has no specific point For that 10% of the time you need to jump. Slower walking and sprinting however, would be a major win, because people would think twice and ask for transport much more.
Gotrol is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 13:50   #15
Kain888
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotrol View Post
I spend 100% of my time playing on foot, and very seldomly required to jump anywhere. There is always another way around which is usually very close. So adjusting faster stamina regeneration has no specific point For that 10% of the time you need to jump. Slower walking and sprinting however, would be a major win, because people would think twice and ask for transport much more.
Pretty good point. Except some ninja roof jumping on Kokan or climbin on Korengall I barely use jump tbh. :P

Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 14:38   #16
DenvH

The new sprinting could be nice if the time it takes to reach full speed is longer, say like it would take 5 seconds to reach full sprinting speed. So your walking and then when you start sprinting, you go a little faster and reach full speed in 5 seconds or so.

Regeneration was good when you had to keep it in mind, could be changed to where you can run for 2 minutes or so and then regenerate in 3 minutes. But that may be a little too much sprinting time. You got to find a balance where you can use sprint often enough but not too often..

DenvH is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 15:37   #17
CopyCat

Decrease the regeneration I would say, Agreed, too arcadish...

For taking walking 2 - 3 km in-game use to take about 10 - 15 minutes, Now I do it in like 5, kind of boring now.

Tho the effectiveness of sabotage and destroy enemy supply lines and FOBS has increased xD...

/CC

Central Asian Treaty Alliance [CATA] - Campaign 9

"The only thing neccesary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing"
CopyCat is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 16:25   #18
Qadis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
the regeneration speed in .95 was perfect imo. right now its not even worth getting transport most of the times. we just finished a round on yamalia where we didnt bother getting a lift and just kept sprinting from flag to flag and always were the first
Sprinting all the way from main when the game starts ? :O

Anyway the way I see it you're right about the regeneration rate being too fast, but I'd like to be able to sprint for longer in total. That way you could be somewhat mobile on 4km maps when you don't have transport or want to be sneakier, but you would still need to be smart about using your stamina - once you're so low on stamina that you can't start sprinting right away, you would have to know if its smart to stop and wait for the regen, or keep moving, and you would also have to think about it ahead of time, before you start sprinting.

So yeah, revert it back to 0.95 and maybe decrease the rate at which stamina was used a bit so we can sprint longer.
Qadis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 16:32   #19
Zoddom

no no

no nono nono im against this.

the stamina change in 0.97 was the best best setting weve ever had. its perfect. please keep it.

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 17:30   #20
qubolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddom View Post
no no

no nono nono im against this.

the stamina change in 0.97 was the best best setting weve ever had. its perfect. please keep it.

yes yes yes yesyes yesyes im after this.

the stamina change in 0.97 was the worse setting weve ever had. its awfull. please change it.

Oh noes i think i run out of my huge ammount of arguments...
qubolo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
pace, regeneration, stamina