project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
25 Mar 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Soldier Acceleration Settings
Leave the acceleration alone, it's perfect as it is now. 68 77.27%
Revert back to 0.95 settings. 14 15.91%
Increase the rate of acceleration slightly, but have it less than what was in 0.95. 6 6.82%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-09-07, 20:54   #21
[R-MOD]Spec
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: Soldier Acceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mj Pain View Post
Seriously, i have and the change is that drastic
*shrugs* Maybe I'm not noticing it for some reason then. I dunno. But whatever, the only thing I dislike really is when the standard speed gets increased. Sprinting doesn't bother me THAT much, but the standard movement speed should be a walk imo.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2011-09-08, 00:20   #22
Lord Jesus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
*shrugs* Maybe I'm not noticing it for some reason then. I dunno. But whatever, the only thing I dislike really is when the standard speed gets increased. Sprinting doesn't bother me THAT much, but the standard movement speed should be a walk imo.
That brings up another question, is it just me or is the crouching aim down your sights walk, faster than the standing aim down your sights walk
Lord Jesus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 01:17   #23
goguapsy

I agree with the lower the stamina requirement to sprint by a couple of bars. The rest is perfect!

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 04:06   #24
splatters

I would decrease the acceleration a bit more, it's still quite fast but a definate improvement from the previous.
splatters is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 07:12   #25
Sgt. Mahi

The thing about faster stamina regeneration is that it's actually possible to run into cover if you've just jumped to get pass a sidewalk curve. I love that. No more "Oh I'm getting shot at... better walk to cover"....

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 09:28   #26
Murkey
Supporting Member

I like the changes to acceleration and sprint speed, regen rate etc. Jumping being blocked when next to low objects is a little frustrating but all in all one happy bunny/virtual warrior

Murkey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 13:32   #27
qubolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkey View Post
I like the changes to acceleration and sprint speed, regen rate etc. Jumping being blocked when next to low objects is a little frustrating but all in all one happy bunny/virtual warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Mahi View Post
The thing about faster stamina regeneration is that it's actually possible to run into cover if you've just jumped to get pass a sidewalk curve. I love that. No more "Oh I'm getting shot at... better walk to cover"....
Oh my god guys now i know why that part of the forum was closed for such a long time. Do you know, that this topic is about acceleration of a soldier? Not about speed, not about crouching aiming speed, not about jumping but about acceleration of a soldier
so please cease the offtopic at least here. And separate things discuss in separate topics.
qubolo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 13:45   #28
Lugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Mahi View Post
I doubt you'll be able to run fast when you're extremely tired, even if you're being shot at. The thing is that it takes incredible amount of stamina to jump. IIRC it was supposed to prevent from bunnyhoping, but DEVs haven't noticed so far that's not doing anything, because you still can jump when you're out of stamina.
Lugi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 13:52   #29
Kain888
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugi View Post
I doubt you'll be able to run fast when you're extremely tired, even if you're being shot at.
Agreed and pretty true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugi View Post
The thing is that it takes incredible amount of stamina to jump. IIRC it was supposed to prevent from bunnyhoping, but DEVs haven't noticed so far that's not doing anything, because you still can jump when you're out of stamina.
Don't agree. I think it's fulfilling it's role. The best solution is to fix game objects and in future ones make them more interacting friendly. Like with Rhino fences, which IMO are great or like fixed and optimized sidewalks curves on Fallujah.

Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 14:03   #30
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Jesus View Post
That brings up another question, is it just me or is the crouching aim down your sights walk, faster than the standing aim down your sights walk
When you scope in while walking you are slower then people moving crouched or moving crouched while scoped in. When you look down your sights while crouching you also get a faster "move-animation" but you are just as fast as anyone else whos moving crouched without being scoped in.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
acceleration, soldier