project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
21 Mar 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2016-12-01, 15:23   #11
X-Alt

Default Re: Goose Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Going to reask this question since ppl seem to miss it:
The British L1 SUIT is a much more fearsome weapon.

Snipers are irrelevant because of the Blowpipe.
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-02, 16:48   #12
Wing Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Is it just the Argentine Sniper Rifle OP or would you also call the British Sniper OP with its 4x scope?
It is a little weird that the better equiped force, has for their elite Sniper, one of the most inferior "Sniper" rifles in PR.

It is only above the Mosin, and other scoped Enfield (if that is still in).

The sight is nice how narrow it is for aiming at longer range (300-400m), but it is a medium range scope. Maybe its historically accurate I don't know.

It is difficult to get a shot to the max view distance of 400ish meters since the target is a dot on the tip of the reticle line.

Though, I consider this a medium range map anyway with the terrain and view distance.

Infact the Brit Marksman rifle is better equipped for the Sniper role there. IRL I would take the scope off the DM rifle and put it on my Enfiled.

I wouldn't expect the DM rifle to be more accurate though.

The best is the Argentine Sniper Rifle. Also, I like the scoped m14 and its mildot reticle better.

I think its a good match up though.

The terrain here is not ideal for sniping at all anyway.

Almost no points of elevation to overwatch anything, yet the hills go up and down enough to provide total cover almost anywhere, even in the middle of nowhere. Which is pretty interesting.
Last edited by Wing Walker; 2016-12-02 at 16:57..
Old 2016-12-03, 00:51   #13
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Walker View Post
It is a little weird that the better equiped force, has for their elite Sniper, one of the most inferior "Sniper" rifles in PR.
What happens when politicians think the armed forces don't need new weapons and why the Army had hardly been modernised since WW2, hence all the other WW2 relics in its force like the Bren, Sterling etc

As such the L42A1, which is a 7.62x51mm NATO conversion of the .303 British chambered Lee–Enfield No. 4 Mk1 WWII-era sniper rifle, was the Sniper Rifle used by the British during the Falklands War

The Rifle itself however, isn't at all bad and was very accurate. The biggest problem about it was the scope, which were exactly the same scopes used on the No.4 back in WW2, with just new range distances etched into it for the new ballistics of the 7.62mm round. But the rifle still proved pretty effective despite this, but should have really gotten a new scope when it was updated.

In other news, for the next patch we have reduced the power of the SSGP1 Sniper Rifle's Scope from 8x to its realistic level of 6x. While this is still quite a lot more than the L42A1's scope, this should help level out the playing field a little and make things a bit more realistic too

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2016-12-03 at 02:34..
Old 2016-12-05, 05:33   #14
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

In the COOP version not once have we seen BACO house cap, I have switched to the bot team to check and it just stays grey even with 20 players and 0 bots.

That second picture looks very SAS - stolen Argentinian boots ( far superior to Brit issue) M16/M203, non issue vests, older guys etc etc.

Last edited by PLODDITHANLEY; 2016-12-05 at 07:17..
Old 2016-12-12, 17:15   #15
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

What was changed since previous versions? -0.98? I feel like I enjoyed the map then but now it's frustrating, and I can't put my finger on it.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-12, 17:27   #16
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Not much, one new house and field, new custom community building in the town. Small changes to other things but overall pretty much the same.

Your noted changes might be more in the weapons of the infantry and other PR systems that changed between now and then. Quite a few years . I think it's normal it doesn't play the same.

Anyway, if you figure out what frustrates you let me know.

Mineral is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-12, 17:48   #17
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

No A-1H

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 16:13   #18
Lukas_17_cab

rhino Is there any idea about putting goose green at night? Because that would be a great idea and if nobody said it, the credits are mine hahahaha
Lukas_17_cab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 17:51   #19
[R-CON]​LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

!setnext goose cq inf

Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
Last edited by [R-DEV]Mineral; 2016-12-14 at 18:30..

Tags
goose, green, poxo is ghey