project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Oct 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2022-08-12, 06:52   #1
Grump/Gump.45

Exclamation Tactical Discussions/Archives

This is apart of a response I made to a video about tunnels posted by Civ Div who served in the USMC, the YPG in Syria and the Ukrainian International Legion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsojQFiZ_xw

"With tunnels its tricky, especially with lights, noise. Make the enemy go deaf first. This is all hard to do cause the discipline it requires. Its a night environment if there is no power. You need night vision with IR light ideally. You need grenades and suppressive pre-fire, every corner, using bullets like grenades so to speak on every surface. If they wait to see your silhouette at the entrance, that is where you need blind suppressive pre-fire in there.

Rolling grenades deeper and deeper. Its dark so you can't see grenade landing, your hearing will already be jacked up, so will the enemies hearing, so try to blow out their ear drums. Most dangerous thing I done in simulator on Project Reality Korengal Valley map, in a cave there is cut outs in the side walls that you can crawl into and wait to see their legs walk past. Flush and push.

Find any and all kinds of traps, any body height. Wires, wood, could be anything, could be dug into the ground. If you go in, lead a robot or dog first to alert to enemy being there. You need ammo just for the tunnel, send lots of rounds in. If no robot or dog, you still need 2 to 3 men up front, many tasks and tools to check for traps. Freeze signal means you stop and listen for enemy. You don't want everyone lined up in a narrow corridor, requires enemy minimal sweep of firing weapon. Narrow also prevents escape from the guys behind, but then again they could drag you out."

Quick bit on spiritual warfare, using awareness of what we are without the body. Luminous beings, energy.
"2 ways that I use energy awareness in the simulation. The tactic of shooting tanks with bullets, either for the raw physical human reaction of 'who dare to shoot my tank with a bullet' which gets them to stop for you and look around allowing you to C4 them or anti-tank rocket them. Silence your energetic output and don't focus on it or they will get scared, explained next.

But the other way, the spiritual aspect, holding a tank back with bullets, project the thought and feeling that every bullet could have been an RPG hitting them without the tank seeing enemy. They will most likely back track. The difference is you need to just focus and project.

When I do my sweeps and double sweeps with armor MG COAX at the height of a man, if I focus I can try to feel the fear of enemy to know if I am hitting close and focus on the areas. Its a way of probing. Then confirm with physical signs like eyes, team communication, marking, enemy shooting/seen etc. Feeling the perspective of another living being, energy who is possessing a body. I have to say it sometimes works.

Have you ever had the same thought as somebody before in normal conversation? Either on a subject you were talking about, thinking the same thing about an object in your vicinity, picking vibes up off people or maybe you just start thinking the same thing as somebody nearby with no environmental or event to trigger this strange interaction."
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2022-09-05 at 08:00..
Old 2022-08-12, 06:56   #2
Grump/Gump.45

Default Re: Tactical Discussions/Archives

A lecture I typed on shadows back in the day when I was mentoring Karmakut in his comments. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OWG...vBHBTPp4AaABAg

"More on shadows and camouflage like I was explaining a while back to some other guy. I wish they added Pencott Greenzone for a faction that might use it, its the best camouflage for woodland I have ever seen with or without shadows, best shadows are created by leaves blocking light and gaps where light comes through, the shape of the leaves form a pattern in the shadow which is dark and all natural dark shade color then light coming through leaf gaps forming all types of unique shapes from the gaps in leaves, it forms another camouflage pattern of all natural light and dark shaded colors you can get under on top of all other camouflage methods, same light and shadows on all other trees blends you right in with surroundings.

Then when wearing the proper colored and patterned camouflage for your environment and sitting/crouching/laying under that type of shadow pattern while peeking through leaves, your body obscured by foliage, its like the shadow is a sniper veil or camouflage net over you. Forming the best of the 2nd best of the best oldest form of camouflage from what you can wear and use around you. Mix this with individual movement techniques and you will be a deadly stealthy beast.

Form this information into brief descriptive orders for your future squads to teach them, so you can do some stealthy Special Forces style near ambushes and pick your targets and wipe out a full squad in 5 seconds. I really want you to master this before making a video so you miss no detail, or you could do a series on how to camouflage as you learn, I prefer patience. Do what you think you should, hope I opened a new door of knowledge for you to learn and teach, hope you try to master this to the fullest in real life and in games. Works in all games to certain degrees, Squad and Tarkov at gold for it. Its a valuable skill."
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-13, 05:32   #3
[R-CON]​ALADE3N
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Administrator

I expect this post to have some commercial lines.

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 09:02   #4
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

what...are we discussing here?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-15, 00:01   #5
Grump/Gump.45

Exclamation Re: Tactical Discussions/Archives

Adding anything that works, identify issues. Anything related to tactics, cause and effect. Using logic to see all possible outcomes, then manipulate it to which outcome we prefer.

Discuss anything.

METT-TC

Mission
Enemy
Terrain/Weather
Troops/Support Available
-
Time Considerations
Civil Considerations

Mission- Accomplish Objective, Keep everyone alive
Enemy- Their weapons, capabilities, location
Terrain/Weather- Visibility, ease of movement, vehicle access, distance of danger zones
Troops/Support Available- Our formations, weapons, vehicles, capabilities, safety suppression tactics, ammo
-
Time Considerations- Distance from objective, not getting side tracked by things you can ignore, 1 man digs each thing, minimize time another unit is lacking our support

Civil Considerations (INS and Prisoners only)- Minimize suppression and make it proportional to threats to prevent civilian deaths/martyrs. Don't just hammer the target zone when civilians present. Keep AAS prisoners to prevent them from fighting, keep them in the objective (Not a FOB) and keep them away from weapons under guard of 1 medic.
Old 2022-08-15, 01:57   #6
Brotherscompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
what...are we discussing here?
Grump Ego?
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 02:08   #7
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
Grump Ego?
I grew up with a stutter from my abusive alcoholic father since I was 2, since I could speak. This led to me getting bullied starting with the stutter, but many other things I was bullied for as well. I had no self-esteem or confidence with anything, I was always an outcast, a loner.

Any arrogance, confidence or ego you perceive me to have, does not come from others recognizing me. Its a good thing I am this way. Humans always put others down because they feel inadequate, so that is what they do to make themselves feel better.

Those are the people who bullied me, they felt inadequate as 4-18 year old nothings. So to build themselves up some status, have a lower social cast they create below them to boost themselves to a higher made up delusional belief that they are so great, cool or even a nice person at least with the other kids.

How dare somebody from the lower social cast of stuttering abused kids rise up and speak badly about the bullies or whatever powers that be. How dare that kid grows up to develop an ounce of self confidence and self esteem on his own. Lets call it an ego, when all I do is teach what I have to offer to society.
Old 2022-08-16, 18:17   #8
rogdozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
I grew up with a stutter from my abusive alcoholic father since I was 2, since I could speak. This led to me getting bullied starting with the stutter, but many other things I was bullied for as well. I had no self-esteem or confidence with anything, I was always an outcast, a loner.

Any arrogance, confidence or ego you perceive me to have, does not come from others recognizing me. Its a good thing I am this way. Humans always put others down because they feel inadequate, so that is what they do to make themselves feel better.

Those are the people who bullied me, they felt inadequate as 4-18 year old nothings. So to build themselves up some status, have a lower social cast they create below them to boost themselves to a higher made up delusional belief that they are so great, cool or even a nice person at least with the other kids.

How dare somebody from the lower social cast of stuttering abused kids rise up and speak badly about the bullies or whatever powers that be. How dare that kid grows up to develop an ounce of self confidence and self esteem on his own. Lets call it an ego, when all I do is teach what I have to offer to society.
Although it is kind of misplaced in a forum about a milsim game, I think it's good that you shared this, Grump. People need to try to be understanding of each other. I do however also believe that the advice you're giving gets too long sometimes and you should make an effort to keep it more short in the future.
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 00:03   #9
MOSES!!

It's grumps experience that he wants to share with us ain't nothing wrong with that
MOSES!! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 00:38   #10
Brotherscompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Lets call it an ego, when all I do is teach what I have to offer to society.
Hey, lm glad you are happy doing what you are doing, didn't mean anything mean or personal just a random comment on a random thread sry if it bothered you
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote