project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
06 Oct 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2022-05-23, 13:50   #1
Bzdziuch
Default Binoculars for the humble rifleman (BLUFOR)

How about giving the BLUFOR rifleman kit normal binoculars?

- it will encourage cooperation with AR/LAT as an "assistant gunner"
- rifleman kit will be more attractive
- squadleaders and spotters will still have their superior version with laser
- taking a rifleman kit means the squad will loose a specilised kit so it's kind of self balancing
Bzdziuch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-24, 20:47   #2
Grump/Gump.45

Default Re: Binoculars for the humble rifleman (BLUFOR)

Scan aggressively for anything suspect using what you are given with your scope. Its just tiny dots out there. This won't encourage more call outs. As a squad leader I want everyone to have their main weapons out and ready for sudden close combat at all times so they aren't empty handed running away trying to get their weapon out. The only open slot is 9 on most kits.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-24, 22:57   #3
WingWalker

I think its just a compromise in what the kit has vs the terrain the player is in or the intended balance issues.

Though I always feel any faction with iron sights should have binos, especially Marksmen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzdziuch View Post
How about giving the BLUFOR rifleman kit normal binoculars?
SUGGESTION OUTSIDE OF SUGGESTIONS!!!

ha I beat everyone to it...

W.W.
v0.4
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-25, 02:04   #4
Bzdziuch

I thought suggestions still had like a 10 post minimum requirement
Bzdziuch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-25, 10:25   #5
Coalz101

Suggestions sometimes have a too long wait. Honestly there's no communication there, you either just see your suggestion pop up or you don't hear anything about it which I believe shouldn't happen. If I suggest something and you don't think its ready to be posted, atleast notify me if you're not going to post it..

I've made so many suggestions and alot of them got shot down in the initial "Moderator Inspection" stage and I don't know why or what happened to them. That is why people instead post to General Discussion to share the idea..

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-25, 22:40   #6
Iguanadjy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
I've made so many suggestions and alot of them got shot down in the initial "Moderator Inspection" stage and I don't know why or what happened to them. That is why people instead post to General Discussion to share the idea..

The man got a point…

I guess there is possibility to improve the feedback and suggestion process
about our beloved PR some suggestions got shot down just because “out of suggestion” thread or posted before. For the later there is like hundreds of posts of suggestions already made in the forum history, would be good to highlight (and update) that post were there was a list of already suggested things, impossible, engine limited (or the so called “hardcoded” excuse, that you bunch of DEV’s recently showed us that what seemed impossible back then is now working and still more to come.) and maybe some “working on” list would keep all the new mass of player eager for more.

I’m saying this because I did really few ones and they indeed kinda died out in the depth of the forums because it’s old design (which i like honestly) kinda make posts disappear after a day of “grump shower thoughts “ or “what if” silly ideas not reasonable (and i’ve read some…). We know you DEVs are working in the dark to drop another massive update in 2 hours right?

I guess we want to be more invested and also have feedback from you, the DEVs!

Supporting this game since 0.6 Never gonna give up!
Iguanadjy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-26, 22:02   #7
WingWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
Honestly there's no communication there, you either just see your suggestion pop up or you don't hear anything about it
I would agree. I don't think I suggest many things, but this has been annoying since the dawn of my time on the PR forums.

I'm sure people suggest all sorts of stupid things that have been gone over in the past. But a simple reply would be nice.

Especially if someone is actually taking the time in some judgement process anyway.

Also, with the limited number of posts on the forums, I can't imagine it would flood with crack head nonsense anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguanadjy View Post
“grump shower thoughts “
LOL

Sorry I just pee'd...

W.W.
v0.4
Last edited by WingWalker; 2022-05-26 at 22:07..