project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
02 Oct 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2022-03-11, 02:39   #11
Kato Megumi

Default Re: 1.7.0.2 Stuttering on my game (Connection stutter)

It's up now
Kato Megumi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-11, 09:54   #12
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Absolutely no idea, but:
Task Manager -> PRBF2.exe -> Create dump

Maybe I can find something.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-11, 10:27   #13
Kato Megumi

Aight hold on, give me 35 minutes
Old 2022-03-11, 11:53   #14
Kato Megumi

problem fixed itself
Old 2022-04-21, 15:02   #15
theaceflyer

Its good that your problem fixed itself, but try to improve your cooling on your laptop if you dont want to play like you are driving a 30 year old corolla in a few years because 90-100 celsius is seriously bad on the long run.
theaceflyer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-02, 16:55   #16
Death!
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaceflyer View Post
Its good that your problem fixed itself, but try to improve your cooling on your laptop if you dont want to play like you are driving a 30 year old corolla in a few years because 90-100 celsius is seriously bad on the long run.
Yeah, this.

Try a fan base/table, Kato, they are not expensive:

Also, if your laptop has no warranty seals, you can try opening it and cleaning it. No need to exactly disassemble the whole thing, just remove the dust from the air ducts and fans when you open the external cover.
Death! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-02, 17:52   #17
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death! View Post
Yeah, this.

Try a fan base/table, Kato, they are not expensive:

Also, if your laptop has no warranty seals, you can try opening it and cleaning it. No need to exactly disassemble the whole thing, just remove the dust from the air ducts and fans when you open the external cover.
This is a great suggestion for gaming on a laptop! Especially one running as hot as this! I had to rig up something similar when I was first getting into PR - was a lot more demanding on my then pre-2010 laptop, much more than BF1942: Desert Combat Mod had been. Couldn't even play the Arma 2 game I bought back then, but at least the laptop had a CD ROM drive so I could install it and test ... lol

Whatever you can do to keep that laptop cool will keep it from dying early due to all this excessive heat. It's an early death for components, no doubt, if you keep up in this manner unchecked. Even having a simple small desk fan blowing across the keyboard would net some relief, or raising the laptop a few cm from the desk/table for a little extra airflow, or both. I'd bet that after gaming for just one map, the area under the laptop is very warm to the touch. Trapped heat will radiate back, some airflow would help negate that accumulation, at the very least.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-02, 20:39   #18
Coalz101

Had stuttering recently and It was almost impossible to play...I decided to run a standing fan on my laptop just as a proof of concept. I wanted to know if this really was a heat probably or something else. Turns out with the fan running I was capable of getting a steady 60 fps on all games where and stuttered including PR...

Two days ago i decided to open my laptop and check the fan...Lord was I in for a treat, There was a big chunk of dust on the radiator vents (Fanvents/airducts whatever you call them) and it looked like a piece of soft foam that you'll find in vacuum cleaners... After cleaning that out I was capable of getting steady 60FPS on PR again with all the reshade presets I use to use in. PC ran like brand new!

TLDR; Clean your fans whenever you get a chance you won't believe how much dust can build up when running your computer almost 24/7

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote