project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
06 Oct 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2022-03-05, 11:41   #1
UncleSmek

Default Decrease Deviation time

Decrease deviation time by 1 second. Should fix most issues currently ruining gun play.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-05, 13:52   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Decrease Deviation time

Which part of it? Fire deviation? Run deviation? Do you mean settling time?
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-05, 14:40   #3
Brotherscompany

No leave as it is for PR.

I truly dont get this current fixation on the removal of deviation, yes it makes you miss shots but thats what makes PR PR, it rewards tactical engagements and prevents run and gunning gameplay because the reduction of deviation will result in that, if you want that gameplay you can look at SQUAD and BF as examples and see what it does. Deviation goes both ways BTW dont forget the amount of times you were saved by it.

See a enemy, get on your knees and there low deviation rather than keep moving and going full auto ofc that messes your aim and there are good ways to avoid that, the guys that complain have loads of in game experience so just aim for the legs as its a 2 shot kill you might get more leeway on 2 lucky shots. Going full auto seriously messes up your deviation, shoot 1 round since it got so much effective since last update or small burst to avoid full deviation

The guys that mostly complain are peak performing players, what do you want, you guys want to simply dominate every single engagement in the game without a chance of failing so you can now go 20-5 most matches? Have you even consider how ruthless this might be on new players facing you and how much more frustrating it might be to them being killed in these engagements where they have the jump on you with low deviation. You already have a insane amount of advantage over others players since PR has such a high learning curve, you already know where the enemies will surely be instead of having to scan the entire battlefield, map routes to avoid them and flank them, you know the recoil patterns, you can almost neglect suppressionon knowing already where to shoot and on top of that you want almost perfect accuracy so you are unstoppable? Im sorry simply no it almost discusting to me if such a change is even consider for you guys.
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-05, 20:41   #4
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

I think settling time, and I agree, a slight decrease is going to reward tactical position more. Why? Well, you can lay an ambush now all you want but if you have to reposition a few feet, you're about as punished as the guy that was running around all day.

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-05, 22:41   #5
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
I think settling time, and I agree, a slight decrease is going to reward tactical position more. Why? Well, you can lay an ambush now all you want but if you have to reposition a few feet, you're about as punished as the guy that was running around all day.
This is what i mean.
Old 2022-03-06, 00:13   #6
Killer2354

Repositioning a few feet is a gross exaggeration on how deviation works. A few feet is so minor that by the time you're on target and stopped, you are not going to miss if you were already at rest at most ranges <100m.

I hate to say it, but I really think people are misrepresenting scenarios in their head. Give concrete reasons why deviation settle time needs to be moved to 1 second shorter. The types of weapons or circumstances that this suggestion makes sense. For regular rifles, settle time from the bloom of just running around is already pretty short. The only real time you get truly punished is going prone in an engagement. Even just stopping before a corner for a brief moment and then peeking is more than enough to equalize most engagements.

The only real weapons that settle time hurts pretty hard are AT and special weapons/deployable weapons. Even then, you shouldn't just be running around with them and should really pick how you want to engage a target.

I really don't see an issue with engagements/deviation as it is, and if people really took the time to understand how it really works, I think they will be surprised.
Killer2354 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-06, 14:19   #7
Brotherscompany

Quote:
Well, you can lay an ambush now all you want but if you have to reposition a few feet, you're about as punished as the guy that was running around all day.
And yet you have the advantage because you were able to take the 1st shots, if 1 of them landed and both of you have the same deviation you will have the advantage regardless, l dont see how this point could be see as a detriment to the ambusher. If anything in this situation (although not always possible) you should wait until the target is way in the open or in your best Killzone its not so much about deviation
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-07, 02:34   #8
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSmek View Post
This is what i mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer2354 View Post
Repositioning a few feet is a gross exaggeration on how deviation works. A few feet is so minor that by the time you're on target and stopped, you are not going to miss if you were already at rest at most ranges <100m.

I hate to say it, but I really think people are misrepresenting scenarios in their head. Give concrete reasons why deviation settle time needs to be moved to 1 second shorter. The types of weapons or circumstances that this suggestion makes sense. For regular rifles, settle time from the bloom of just running around is already pretty short.

The only real weapons that settle time hurts pretty hard are AT and special weapons/deployable weapons. Even then, you shouldn't just be running around with them and should really pick how you want to engage a target.

I really don't see an issue with engagements/deviation as it is, and if people really took the time to understand how it really works, I think they will be surprised.
Nothing is wrong with deviation. The time should honestly vary with deviation or take a second longer if out of stamina. It takes a few seconds to make bio-mechanical form adjustments for shouldering your rifle, getting heart rate or breathing under control.

You need to believe in yourself with shooting and moving, I never sit still in a firefight so the enemy misses more. I have been at the widest 2 dot deviation for sniper rifle and the bullet still goes where I want at 100-200 meters. Believe in it, feel for it. The deviation outcome is perfect for how I would expect to land a next round where I want it.

The deviation is perfect representation of what it would be like. The faster you react the more likely you won't get deviation set, test out semi-auto controlled hip fire shots. It goes where you want. What you people don't realize is you can't use the weapons like its Call Of Duty. Don't hold down full auto fire, click it as fast as you can for more accuracy. Its a lot of bio-mechanical body vibration, weapon vibration, movement, other factors that create less control.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-07, 08:37   #9
UncleSmek

I'm getting awfully lot of feedback on my thread from people who actually do not kill anything at all.. Any capable fragger is aware of these changes and how they are bad.
Old 2022-03-07, 09:25   #10
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSmek View Post
I'm getting awfully lot of feedback on my thread from people who actually do not kill anything at all.. Any capable fragger is aware of these changes and how they are bad.
Welcome to gamedev
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote