project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
24 May 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2021-09-18, 03:41   #1
Cheerio

Default Give Argentine army a aavp7a1 on falklands?

During the invasion of the Falklands island, the Argentines had aavp7a1s when they invaded

I was wondering if it could be added to fight the FV101 Scorpion, with a 30 minute respawn.

Just a suggestion
Cheerio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-28, 18:50   #2
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Give Argentine army a aavp7a1 on falklands?

You are partly correct but not totally.

Firstly, they are not AAVP-7A1s, they were in fact LVTP-7s, the original version which was armed only with a 50cal, no Mk19 AGL as per the modern AAVP-7A1. Note the turret in these pictures:

Secondly, these LVTP-7s were only involved in the initial invasion of the islands (Operation Rosario) but after the invasion was completed they returned back to the mainland as Argentina initially didn't think Britain would retaliate and didn't see a need to keep them apart from their Amphibious Assault Ship when it returned home.

Saying that however they are featured on the Skirmish 32 player layer which is based on Operation Rosario and features two LVPT-7s (actually reskinned AASVP7s but they are only armed with a 50cal as it wasn't worth re-modelling it just for a Skirmish layer):

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=115200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Skirmish 32 - Operation Rosario (Day)
Setting: Day
Tickets Team 1: 125
Tickets Team 2: 100
Info:
Based on the initial Argentine invasion of the islands: 1982 invasion of the Falkland Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spoiler for Assets:
Argentina
ARA Cabo San Antonio (Landing Ship)
2x LVPT-7 [10min Spawn]
3x RHIB [2min Spawn, Max of 3]

So not only would the LVPT-7 not be realistic, its armament wouldn't be any match against the Scorpion's 90mm cannon.

The better counter to the Scorpion would be the Panhard AML-90 that the Argentinians did have on the islands throughout the conflict but they only deployed them towards the end of the conflict once the British moved on the mountains west of Stanley.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-02, 23:38   #3
Cheerio

Post Re: Give Argentine army a aavp7a1 on falklands?

Holy shit I didn't know it was already in the game! I know its just a small skirmish layer but that is very cool! More accurate than it being in the AAS layer because that is after the invasion.

Thanks for the photos btw, where did you find them?

And I have a question for you, Argentina during the 1970s/1980s bought SA-7s from Libya.

And a limited amount of SA-7s were captured from Argentine forces at the wars end.

what would you think if the argentines have one SA-7 pickup kit in their main, just like how the British have a Stinger pickup kit in the falklands?

I am not saying this is a good idea if it was added, but I would like to see what your answer would be

thx
Old 2021-10-03, 08:48   #4
VTRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
And I have a question for you, Argentina during the 1970s/1980s bought SA-7s from Libya.

And a limited amount of SA-7s were captured from Argentine forces at the wars end.

what would you think if the argentines have one SA-7 pickup kit in their main, just like how the British have a Stinger pickup kit in the falklands?

I am not saying this is a good idea if it was added, but I would like to see what your answer would be

thx
afaik there's an igla kit somewhere in two-story building in argie main, just look for it
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 14:38   #5
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post
afaik there's an igla kit somewhere in two-story building in argie main, just look for it
Yep, it's there.

As for the photos, they are on google and wiki etc, nothing speical.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 22:51   #6
Cheerio

Post Re: Give Argentine army a aavp7a1 on falklands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post
damnnnnn I never heard of that thats amazing
Old 2021-10-16, 16:22   #7
rogdozz

Is there an up-to-date list somewhere of all hidden pickup kits?
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aav, aavp7a1, argentina, falklands