project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
18 Jun 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2010-03-01, 09:35   #11
Farks

Default Re: Muttrah- MEC wins

Yeah, I think the vehicle layout was better in 0.87. The new flaglayout is okay, all they have to do is to make south city neutral at the start. That should slow down MEC a bit.
Farks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 11:37   #12
rampo

Send a message via MSN to rampo

USMCs got LAVs that can easily take out btr's and the cobra can do miracles when operated correctly.

rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 12:20   #13
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampo93(FIN) View Post
.....And the cobra can do miracles when operated correctly.
Which is a huge risk. Gambling on the ability of the players ingame is the last thing this game needs, and it already demonstrated that it didn't work on the previous version of Qwai. The US regularly got obliterated due to the TOW Humvee's gamble on this question: Will I have good players driving and gunning me, or horrid players crewming me?

Same with Ejod as well, a single TOW hummer, will it take out all the enemy assets? A gamble again. This same system works with the Cobra and to a limited extent, the LAV's. They need good players crewing them, which cannot always be guaranteed, but symmetrical balance does not fail.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 12:26   #14
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Oh sure and the same doesn't go for who's crewing the BTRs etc.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 13:43   #15
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Outlawz View Post
yeah but there are more BTR's and they have more health and are easier to operate than a heli/cobra

killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 13:46   #16
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Outlawz View Post
Except the cobra can be easily shot down by almost anything on the map even while operating "correctly", while the BTR has a better chance. Both cover and armour wise. And there are more than one of them. And they respawn.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 14:42   #17
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Which is a huge risk. Gambling on the ability of the players ingame is the last thing this game needs
...so what is the first thing??? Making sure that nobody wins even if one side has much more skilled players than the other?
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 19:45   #18
a_cookie_=P

I liked how it was in .87 version. Cobra (respawnable) was able to counter act, to some extent, the MEC apc advantage. The 1 CAS huey in the beginning helped US secure the 1st flag, by preventing MEC from immediately rushing docks. The East and West city flags need to be restored so we can have more inf vs. inf battles instead of relying on vehicle transport (hueys get shot down too much by TOWs, AA, and btrs) as well as slow the MEC advance.

Everything else is pretty good
a_cookie_=P is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 20:23   #19
Drunkenup

I sorta believe this problem happens with all USMC maps with a amphibious assault.

The problem is the USMC will not be able to capture their objectives before they are camped by the enemy at those objectives. On Barracuda, The LAV-25s and Hueys will not be able to reach the shore fast enough to withstand the abuse given by the VN-3 waiting for them at their first objectives. To compensate for that, I suggest giving a delayed spawn time on the VN-3's. The same thing happens with Jabal Al Burj, The problem is, the BRDM tends to rush the West Beach objective and fire on the Hueys before they can make it. From experience, the Amphibious assault vehicles (LAV-25) will take almost 3-4 minutes to reach shore on Muttrah, and a little less on Jabal and Barracuda. The Hueys will be able and will reach the objectives to drop soldiers before the LAVs. Once again, the solution would be to delay the spawn time of the BRDM.
Drunkenup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 23:17   #20
ElPablo99522

It's defiantly biased towards the MEC, but in a way, in real life, you might not have equal sides, the other side might have more weapons, vehicles, tanks, but I've seen the US win when the MEC were trying it's hardest and it was all because of Strategy, usually if you try to confuse the enemy and go for other flags instead of going for docks, then north, then east/west, then south, then fortress. When I was on the U.S team and we won what happened was that we didn't have the entire team go for docks, but there were two squads that went on boat for north, I noticed that there were some squads at south, overhwelmed FOB's, but a lot of troops, we ended up winning though because we didn't die as much, what I notice a lot is that nobody ever wants to be the Medic on the US side.
ElPablo99522 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
mec, muttrah, wins