project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2012-04-26, 20:53   #1
Pantera

Default Game of Thrones (PC/Console Game)

I dont usually make two threads in a row.

But.

There is going to be a Game of Game of Thrones.

(see what i did there?)

Quote:
This action RPG boasts all the vengeance, allegiance, betrayal and honour fans have come to expect from the series as players engage in a heart-pounding quest for the famous Iron Throne.

Playing as either Mors, Sworn Brother of the Night’s Watch, or Alester, a Red Priest in search of redemption, you can visit familiar locations such as The Wall and the famous King’s Landing, while well-known faces you’ll encounter include Queen Cersei, Varys the Spider and Jeor Mormont, Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch.
[YOUTUBEHD]pZZw6oY1LIQ[/YOUTUBEHD]

Interesting move. What do you guys think it will be like?

Quote:
Game of Thrones Features:

An epic Action/RPG offering an original story based on the best-selling novels, “A Song of Ice and Fire” by George R.R. Martin
Lush, fantasy visuals powered by Unreal Engine 3.
Visit familiar places and meet well-known characters, faithfully reproduced from the TV series
Play the game from the viewpoint of two different charismatic characters, each with their own background and skills
Progress the way you choose: get involved in epic fights, or try to solve explosive situations through dialogue!

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 21:04   #2
Aquiller
Supporting Member

Default Re: Game of Thrones [Console Game]

You sure its gonna be a console exclusive?
Aquiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 08:14   #3
Pantera

Default Re: Game of Thrones [Console Game]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquiller View Post
You sure its gonna be a console exclusive?
No its all platforms, i forgot to put PC in the title!

Kinda looks like Skyrim.

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 10:53   #4
dtacs
Supporting Member

Default re: Game of Thrones (PC/Console Game)

Something tells me its going to be pretty crap. It has those undertones of sub-par RPG's, namely from the trailer and the quality within the game itself - IE unrealistic animations.

Guess we'll just wait and see, but anyone who really wants this sort of experience has to go no further than Skyrim anyway unless they want more of a dialogue between characters as the main mechanic as opposed to combat.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 19:38   #5
AquaticPenguin
Default Re: Game of Thrones (PC/Console Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
It has those undertones of sub-par RPG's, namely from the trailer and the quality within the game itself - IE unrealistic animations.
The animation stood out to me as being particularly awful, it seemed very primitive and lacked any fluidity, which may be a real problem when it comes to combat.

I shall wait and see, but watching the trailer and looking on the website it feels like it lacks the quality and innovation it deserves.
AquaticPenguin is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
console, game, pc or console, thrones