project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
31 Oct 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-10-09, 19:59   #51
cJack8410

Default Re: [NEW PLAYERS] Welcome to Project Reality

Hey guy I am relatively new to Project Reality. I truly enjoy a game with a strong sense of realism, teamwork, and requires great communications. This being said I am finding it harder and harder to find games that are delivering on this, so I heard about Project Reality from a friend and figured I would give it a go.

I put in a few good rounds in the coop servers then moved on to mp. I will be honest I really felt like I had a handle on things when I was playing coop, then once I got into my first round of mp I was supper overwhelmed. After doing a bit of research I found maybe it was not in my best interest to run a medic class, and would maybe be better suited for a riflemen until I get my feet under me. I would love any pointers if any veterans are willing to help a new guy out, and would love to play with some of you some time. I may not be the best shot all the time or might not always have the twitch reflexes I once had, but what I do have is great communication skills, the ability to follow orders, and will do whatever is required to help my team succeed.

Hope to see you on the battlefield,
cJack
cJack8410 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 03:31   #52
Davewinkle

I'm new this is helpful especially the not getting kicked rules very important. I'd like to talk to a higher up player, in other words an experienced PR Player on the game. I'm glad to join all of ya in this fascinating game I wanna treat it has maturely as possible and be effect as possible within a unit....
Davewinkle is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 23:33   #53
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davewinkle View Post
I'm new this is helpful especially the not getting kicked rules very important. I'd like to talk to a higher up player, in other words an experienced PR Player on the game. I'm glad to join all of ya in this fascinating game I wanna treat it has maturely as possible and be effect as possible within a unit....
Hey man, what questions do you have?

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 17:31   #54
lollofly

hello everybody! I'm installing this game right now. I came from BF play4free, 3 and 4 but i hop this will be more realistic! it have just a cuple of questions: is the community still alive? how can i practise before getting in to tactical mp (such as coop or singleplayer)?
lollofly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 16:14   #55
SJ112

Good post.It's very helpful for me
SJ112 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 16:36   #56
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollofly View Post
hello everybody! I'm installing this game right now. I came from BF play4free, 3 and 4 but i hop this will be more realistic! it have just a cuple of questions: is the community still alive? how can i practise before getting in to tactical mp (such as coop or singleplayer)?
-> Yes, it is still very much alive, there are also lot of Italians playing, usually on [NEW] New Era Warfare server (and others, when it's not up).

-> You can join Coop session on local or on a server and learn the basics of shooting and the kits etc.

Make sure you read the manual though

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-19, 15:51   #57
lollofly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
-> Yes, it is still very much alive, there are also lot of Italians playing, usually on [NEW] New Era Warfare server (and others, when it's not up).

-> You can join Coop session on local or on a server and learn the basics of shooting and the kits etc.

Make sure you read the manual though
thanks!
lollofly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-20, 23:27   #58
klopol

Hello. My english is not perfect so sorry for the grammar.
I've seen this game on youtube years ago (but didin't have a decent computer and bf2 back then so...) but now I saw that the standalone is out and i have to try it out. I've seen some videos (tutorial and combat ones) so far it looks good, i played alone a bit to see the controlls etc. I've checked the manual and some posts for begingner (i won't lie it look a little intimidating) and it's gonna take time to remember some stuff..

But the video i saw hook me up (a guy helping new members)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwBKtLdBvms

It's just awesome the cooperation and teamwork that can apply in this game. Some background info if you guys want to share anny tips: for online shooters well i've played lots and lots of battlefield (bad compagny 2, bf3 and a little less of bf4) some halo 3, a little of counter strike source (barely played 1.6), operation flashpoint and arma 2 free. I'm a big team player in battlefield, always helping teammates and ptfo (my only problem is talking on the mic, i'm french canadian so it's more dificult to understand me with my accent. I'm getting better though.) practicing goofing around in garry's mod help haha!

I don't feel quite ready yet to hop in a server, i'll play some games with bots (hopefully there is a training server to fly !) see ya.
Last edited by klopol; 2015-10-20 at 23:48..
Old 2015-10-23, 22:36   #59
dmatthewstewart

New player just making an introduction. Threw you guys a donation and hopped into a match. I realized that this is going to take a lot more studying than I initially thought. So im going to spend some more time in the forums to try and familiarize myself with all of the controls, tactics, etc.

My only real problem after going into a test match was communication. Since the latest standalone is supposed to have it built in, and the game is responding with the correct icons when I talk, Im assuming its working. However, I couldnt get any response from squad members. When I typed to the squad I got immediate confirmation. So Im obviously going to have to troubleshoot this.

Thats it. Just an intro and a "please dont get pissed at me" if you see me on the battle field and I do something wrong. My mistakes should be minimal. I come from playing BF, Insurgency, Rising Storm, and I understand how to play tactical realism. So I wont be team killing anyone. But I may be standing there trying to figure something out.
dmatthewstewart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 13:35   #60
Ghost_31st

New guy just downloaded this amazing looking mod.

I'm a flight simmer by heart (flying Falcon BMS) but I'm looking for infantery combat with loads of teamwork. After some searches I came across this project and decided to give it a go! Hope all goes well :P
Ghost_31st is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
players, project, reality