project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Jan 2023, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2017-07-31, 03:09   #11
Cpt. Sniper
Retired PR Developer
Default Re: Is it me or.. will PR:WW2 be the best WW2 out atm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post

CODWW2 is .. not sure......
Watching the gameplay videos... To me it just looks like another prettied up version of the same thing its been since Modern Warfare. Too bad a remastered COD1 or 2 would not be popular today. No power upgrades, no ranking system, no gun mods.

Serious Business.
Cpt. Sniper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-01, 02:23   #12
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Sniper View Post
Watching the gameplay videos... To me it just looks like another prettied up version of the same thing its been since Modern Warfare. Too bad a remastered COD1 or 2 would not be popular today. No power upgrades, no ranking system, no gun mods.
can't help but agree, with every game it's not really much changes at all.
similar map sizes, similar mechanics(of course theres one or two jumpy ones like drones in 1 game, wall running on another) but it's really again down to..
small maps, kill streaks, and a linear but maybe immersive storyline.

edit: also i recently got DOI on sale for 9.89 and hell i love it.
it's one of my favorite casual shooters and hits the spot for casual play and immersion. it's still compareable to RO/RO2 where there's mechanics implemetned for teamwork but not a lot of people use it. DOI noticed this and went with a more of a solo-kit system where everyone is independant instead of forcefully grouped into squads(no one even used the squads anyways).

so heres the teamwork mechanics:
an officer needs an RTO to do officer jobs(aside from issuing general attack defense regroup flanking orders), he calls in artillery barrages, cas, supply drop.
there can be multiple officers and RTOs on a team, generally you want all the kits selected but a lot of people don't like the officer because of it's responsibilities. usually a good team will have all their assets chosen, a good hunk of riflemen(infinite kits) two RTOs and one officer.
editedit: also, when playing on defense of a attack/defend layout, a member has to fall back to a certain point behind his/her line to a location to call in reinforcements(and thus respawn his team)

a neat thing I noticed from playing lots of officer is that you can communicate with RTOs.
so.. basically all mic chat is local chat, enemies can hear you so can teamates, but it's all local.

when an officer talks, you can hear him talking to command, and command can be heard speaking out of the RTO's radio.
the interesting thing is, if there's a second RTO across the map, he can hear the officer AND command talking, and this can inform the nearby friendlies(and enemies if they can speak the enemy language) that blah blah is being called.

at the same time, if the officer talks with his mic on local chat to his RTO, the RTO across the map will broadcast what's being said to the 1st RTO, locally to the 2nd RTO. that is FUCKING amazing. like I can't get over how fucking insanely cool that mechanic is.

also the RTO can have their radio boxes shot, and command will question what's going on if the officer is shot mid sentence, command also confirms the shot over and splash. but those aren't as important.

so.. tldr: is day of infamy related to PR? not really.
is day of infamy cool as fuck? yeah.
can some mechanics of DOI be used to inspire PR? maybe...
i also noticed that DOI took a lot of mechanics from RO/RO2, insurgency(of course) and PR, they really took the best of some of the best games and made it a great FPS.(edit: they also have insane ballistics, so maybe they took some from R6?)
Last edited by QuickLoad; 2017-08-01 at 03:00..
Old 2017-08-01, 02:50   #13
Raklodder
Supporting Member

It's the only WWII game that I would even bother with since I'm personally not to particularly fond of that era and really only care about the Americans, but I would like to point out that the devs got it right with the slow paced warfare and it was the shit back in v0.981 and probably will be even more fun once they decide to release it once again.

I would like to mention Forgotten Hope 2 which looks good for an arcade shooter, but since they don't seem to care about ever going standalone or use mumble, I don't even bother playing it, because I don't want the hassle of a full bf2 installation or low quality voip (which is a shame considering all the effort they have put into it...) but maybe one day they'll come to their senses and change the game for the better.

Last edited by Raklodder; 2017-08-01 at 02:56..
Old 2017-08-01, 12:34   #14
FlyingR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raklodder View Post
I would like to mention Forgotten Hope 2 which looks good for an arcade shooter, but since they don't seem to care about ever going standalone or use mumble, I don't even bother playing it, because I don't want the hassle of a full bf2 installation or low quality voip (which is a shame considering all the effort they have put into it...) but maybe one day they'll come to their senses and change the game for the better.
FH2 is cancer man, it's a vicious circle of spawning, rushing and dying. I used to make "Teamwork" squads, but very few times are people up to it. For some reason I believe that BF1942 was even slower than FH2...
FlyingR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-01, 12:56   #15
Jabil_One
Banned

Quote:
FH2 is cancer man.....
Nah, it isn't cancer. Please don't say this. Its a really good made BF2 Mod total conversion with another gameplay and not cancer.

Quote:
.... it's a vicious circle of spawning, rushing and dying
Use Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B Tiger II (Sd.Kfz. 182) and you are the KING of the Battlefield.
Jabil_One is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-01, 16:37   #16
FlyingR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabil_One View Post
Nah, it isn't cancer. Please don't say this. Its a really good made BF2 Mod total conversion with another gameplay and not cancer.

Use Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B Tiger II (Sd.Kfz. 182) and you are the KING of the Battlefield.
Well yeah, I mean before playing PR it was fine, but then after playing it, it is cancer, I mean, it's one of the most realistic WWII games in terms of historical accuracy (weapons, vehicles, maps, etc.) but it's such a fast gameplay and there's really no teamwork unless you join Forgotten Honor Campaigns. The DEVS pratically gave up on it, I never see anything new going on to "revive" the game, it's a shame really.

I don't do much armor, usually SL "Teamwork" inf squads.
Old 2017-08-01, 17:02   #17
Heavy Death

Its good fun with friends. Epic rushes with bullets flying around, long shot tank charges, waiting in the Bastogne forests like in CoD1 UO and so on and so on. If it was slower paced, I probably wouldnt even touch PR lol.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-01, 17:10   #18
Jabil_One
Banned

PRWW2 will be amazing because there will never be complains about FLARES and HEATSEEKING missiles only CAS is to OP threads
Jabil_One is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 02:27   #19
FlyingR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
Its good fun with friends. Epic rushes with bullets flying around, long shot tank charges, waiting in the Bastogne forests like in CoD1 UO and so on and so on. If it was slower paced, I probably wouldnt even touch PR lol.
Exactly!
Old 2017-08-06, 02:46   #20
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raklodder View Post
It's the only WWII game that I would even bother with since I'm personally not to particularly fond of that era and really only care about the Americans, but I would like to point out that the devs got it right with the slow paced warfare and it was the shit back in v0.981 and probably will be even more fun once they decide to release it once again.

I agree, PRWW2 was perfect, I hope the basic mechanics haven't changed much.

FH2 is neat, it's between BF2 and PR, you don't really need to use a squad(at all), it would be better but not that much more beneficial. People die in a couple of shots which is very nice for gameplay, but the voip is bad, bf2 installation is bad, so yeah you're right there.

Playerbase can be judged by ease of installation a lot, easier to install = more players that will come to TRY it out. if it's hard to install people might just not bother to even try it.(and that takes away from the overall amount that are regulars)

Quote:

it is a good BF2 mod total conversion, yeah but saying that using the TIGER II makes you the king of the battlefield can explain how it might be cancer.

Quote:
PRWW2 will be amazing because there will never be complains about FLARES and HEATSEEKING missiles only CAS is to OP threads
i agree
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
atm, prww2, ww2