project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
17 Aug 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2019-06-18, 08:30   #1
kkova
Lightbulb Yugoslav war factions and maps

Gi guys, anyone interested in helping me with this?
We basically have 90% of equipment within the russian armed forces and militia. I'm looking guy who knows how to change and edit soldiers and vehicle colors etc.
This is wish of many players so i decided to give it a go.
Hit me up in inbox if you have any ideas.
My first idea is to make map based on eastern Croatia and early years of the war.
kkova is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-21, 22:58   #2
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Default Re: Yugoslav war factions and maps

What use is it to just copy paste half the russian faction in to a "new" faction? What difference in gameplay is there when 90% of all things are the same as russia and militia/insurgents except for some soldier textures?
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-28, 16:43   #3
Chernobog95

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
What use is it to just copy paste half the russian faction in to a "new" faction? What difference in gameplay is there when 90% of all things are the same as russia and militia/insurgents except for some soldier textures?

Oh the ignorance.

Russian and Yugoslav have very few common words...

As for equipment... Yes, you have MIG's and AK's, but there are also indigenous aircraft's and infantry weaponry along with vehicles.

Standard Yugoslav AAA was triple 20mm autocannons with drum magazines, no KPV's.

A lot of indigenous weaponry superficially look something French made like the APC and HEAT RPG.
Chernobog95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-29, 11:08   #4
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

In the future, any custom factions, content posts should be posted in the Community Modding section.

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-13, 22:09   #5
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernobog95 View Post
Oh the ignorance.

Russian and Yugoslav have very few common words...

As for equipment... Yes, you have MIG's and AK's, but there are also indigenous aircraft's and infantry weaponry along with vehicles.

Standard Yugoslav AAA was triple 20mm autocannons with drum magazines, no KPV's.

A lot of indigenous weaponry superficially look something French made like the APC and HEAT RPG.
I wasn't talking about culture or language, I was talking about equipment. If 90% of the equipment used by the faction is already used by Russia or Militia then what difference is it to just play Russia instead? Like you don't differentiate your faction by having everything Russian except 2 vehicles and character voice lines/skins.

You can't claim someone is ignorant just because he didn't mention a certain thing like language.
Old 2019-07-14, 05:59   #6
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

By that logic we should replace Taliban and NVA with RU&Mil?

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-01, 17:58   #7
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Taliban is usually played in insurgency and has irregular weapons and vehicles and could possibly be replaced by insurgents but they don't fit nicely in the Afghan hills. NVA is theme specific for the vietnam era battles and thus needs to be for that to work. Meanwhile the Yugo nation would be another nation with AKs as their primary weapon, which except for some camo could be copy pasted from Russia, whilst that in itself isn't too bad but having 2 nearly identical factions that just differ in camouflage isn't much more interesting than say a Finnish or Australian faction, which actually have different weapons and firearms.

But this is all moot as long as nobody is going to make it. One way that it could actually work (if ever made) would be as another vietnam war like addon.

Tags
factions or classes, map, war, yugoslav