project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
18 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2019-07-31, 13:20   #1
lakinen
Default Windows 7 goes in history

Support for Windows 7 is nearing the end
Quote:
Support for Windows 7 is nearing the end
After 10 years, support for Windows 7 is coming to an end on January 14, 2020. We want you to be ready, so we're reaching out in advance to give you time to prepare.

greeting

There's no real flame on your screen, it's just magic

lakinen is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-31, 15:27   #2
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Windows 7 goes in history

and i will use it for another 10 years

#fuk_windows10
#windows10_spies_you
#nsa_likes_windows10

So sei que nada sei.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-31, 19:12   #3
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Windows 7 goes in history

Wait... What do you care about the NSA? You're not even in America! lol!

I mean, on principle, anyone spying on our computer activities is terrible of course, and I personally hate Win10 enough to write an entire article on how to neuter it, but NSA is not that far reaching to actually affect anything in your life like it has in mine. I had to make the jump to Win10 if I wanted to use VR and the hand tracking controllers, and it was painful trying to get control of my OS back having been used to Win7. (shameless Win10 HowTo article plug: ( http://veterans-gaming.com/.../how-to-make-windows-10-look-and-act-more-like-windows-7-r80/ )

I've been messed with - For example, I own guns, and I live in America (Oregon). Normally, if I want to buy a new one, I go to the gun store, and then have to fill out a background check form that goes to the FBI while you wait in the store, you can't leave until completed (if you want to complete your purchase) and it usually takes around 15 minutes depending on date/time.

Purchased several like that. I'm not sure if it is relevant but I have a story about gov't spying on my computer activities:

After getting big into online war gaming back in 2009, joining a bunch of online groups and using trigger words a hundred times a day, I went to buy a new Gen4 Glock 17 (I think it was 2014/2015).

FBI never called back... Salesman kept apologizing, but after an hour, I cancelled the purchase and went home.

Three months later, I got the call from the shop, "You've been approved for purchase of this firearm by the FBI"

Me, "Sorry, I already purchased it elsewhere"

(so now, thanks to probably being on some list thanks to PC gaming, specifically military based games, I'll budget up to three months for a potential firearm purchase. Next one will be an AK-47, I don't expect it to go through in 15 minutes given my online activities regardless of their innocuousness. And I blame Win10 for opening that door wide open.)

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote