project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
15 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2018-12-10, 19:02   #1
[R-MOD]Jeepo
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Exclamation Squad & TG - an open invite to PR Vets

Hello everyone.

Tactical Gamer has a long legacy of playing games with a mature, teamwork oriented focus, like 2142, Planetside, and most notably for all of us, Project Reality. We also have a Squad Server that has been running since the game first came to Steam. We are early access backers, as many of you are.

We have tried very hard since this first release to build a community of players who enjoy playing the game of Squad the way PR was played. Over the years we've built up a base of regular players who fit the mold, many of them PR players, and we think you'll find that the game experience on our server is one similar to what you would find on a PR server in terms of teamwork and coordination.

We'd like to extend an invitation to all of you to come play with us. We run a Whitelist night every Friday night similar to the way we used to run Password Nights on our PR server.

Here are our server rules. We think you'll find them to be pretty simple and geared toward enforcing teamwork and coordination.

We invite you all to come play - particularly those who have tried the game on public servers and found it....lacking.

Squad has come a long way in its evolution and promise to be built in PR's legacy. New assets, new maps, and most importantly recent changes to the game play built out by none other than Fuzzhead has resulted in a game more like PR than ever.

There are many of you who has not played Squad since very early on - Come and play on a server you all know, where the gameplay is what you would expect.

R-MOD Jeepo
Last edited by Jeepo; 2018-12-10 at 21:50..
Old 2018-12-11, 02:02   #2
Psyko

Default Re: Squad & TG - an open invite to PR Vets

Thanks Jeepo, I still play often, mostly TG.
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 02:10   #3
[R-CON]​Yrkidding
PR:BF2 Contributor
PR Server License Moderator

Back in the day, TacticalGamer was the place to play PR in North America for me. Many of my best PR memories came from that server and I'm glad to see it's going strong in Squad. While real life takes me away from gaming for a bit, I highly recommend checking out TG if you're looking for a great round of Squad. Whitelist nights especially are an especially good time, with solid SLs working together and squad members properly following their lead.

Yrkidding is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 05:22   #4
[R-DEV]​Rusty_42
PR:BF2 Developer

> Just like PR.
> Assets are first-come, first-serve and may not be reserved

Rusty_42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 08:28   #5
[R-MOD]Jeepo
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_42 View Post
> Just like PR.

Thanks for the post and giving me an opportunity to address this!

This is true for the server during normal public play - however during scrims and organised matches this is not the case - the team organises before even jumping on the server.

Additionally, because we have so many regulars now and a very active discord during game times, what tends to happen is people simply call out that they want to take a certain vehicle and then they get it - the benefits of a large community. This also means that people respect the fact that there is an Armour squad, for instance.

Of course when we get commander mode (soon?) That will change, as the commander will be able to assign assets to squads, which is the preferred method. So we are a little restricted right now due to some engine limitations.

In all the years of PR and Squad this is the simplest method we have found so far, given the tools at our disposal.

R-MOD Jeepo
Jeepo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 14:27   #6
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_42 View Post
> Just like PR.

IIRC that's always been the case on TG.

Wish I could make it though but work...

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 15:21   #7
d1sp0sabl3H3r0

Send a message via MSN to d1sp0sabl3H3r0

That is exactly how we've always done it. It's worked fine in the past and pre-round communications between SLs has been really good so coordination of assets is generally not really a problem. There are several reasons why we do not have a named asset squad rule on our server, not the least of which is the game itself in it's current state. It's just not possible to prevent the creation of squads until a certain point in the countdown timer, which would be absolutely essential to even consider having a named asset squad rule in place.

Beyond that, Squad has matured to the point where it has begun to "feel" like PR. Is it a perfect copy? Nope and it never will be. It is lagging behind PR in aspects but it is also superior to it in others. We've found that PR players who have tried it release after release hoping for it to finally get close enough to the style of game it was promised to be are sticking around this release and continue to play it quite frequently. Because of this, we thought we would reach out to the rest of the PR community and extend the invitation to try it out, either again after a long break or perhaps for the first time, and to do so on a server managed by people who played PR for years and try very hard to foster the kind of game play that all PR players have come to expect.

So, in light of that, we hope to see a lot of you on the server with us in the near future.

Last edited by d1sp0sabl3H3r0; 2018-12-11 at 15:28..
Old 2018-12-11, 17:35   #8
PatrickLA_CA

Well to be honest I do feel like I am playing PR when I play Squad the times when I'm not scared by the sounds. These guys deserve a special award for the sounds in this game.
So, about your server and events, does it take to register or can I just hop in and play?

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 18:10   #9
d1sp0sabl3H3r0

Send a message via MSN to d1sp0sabl3H3r0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
Well to be honest I do feel like I am playing PR when I play Squad the times when I'm not scared by the sounds. These guys deserve a special award for the sounds in this game.
So, about your server and events, does it take to register or can I just hop in and play?
For the internal scrim on December 21st, we have sign-ups but we will be filling squads in with whomever is on the server at the time. To guarantee a spot, sign up.

We run a Whitelist event every Friday, which means that members of the Whitelist have access to the server reserved slots and can jump the queue (99% of the time - Squad reserved slots don't always guarantee instant access). Those are less formally organized but the server population of quality teamwork players is considerably higher than your average night. For that, you'll also need to apply.

Friday, Dec 21st scrim: https://www.tacticalgamer.com/forum/...llil-outskirts

Whitelist access: https://www.tacticalgamer.com/forum/...assword-nights

d1sp0sabl3H3r0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-11, 19:33   #10
PatrickLA_CA

Alright, thanks for the intel, I'll be sure to try it, at least the friday nights.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
invite, open, squad, squad > pr, tactical gamer, tactical minded gamers, vets