project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-07-21, 08:21   #31
Der_Landser
Default Re: Real Dust - Graphics Mod for Project Reality and A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVEN View Post
P.S. Also can you try this mod too and see if it works (please remove RD one before doing this) - Real Light V6 | SH8

That one is for Arma 3, based on SweetFX 2.0 and ReShade 1.1 the one I made is based on PR GEM, but PR GEM is actually ReShade 1.1 with MasterEffect bundle (McFX and several others) in the sense they are similar but work differently. So if the one for ArmA 3 doesn't work for you too then it's something with ReShade core.
1. I run PR under Windows 7 64-bit with full admin rights and without compatibility mode. My antivirus and firewall do not block any DLL's.

2. Real Light V6 does not work either - same problem.

3. Only time the hook seems to be injected is when the file is named "d3d9.dll" - any other name and ReShade is not picked up by the game.

4. I took your advice and tried out all of the versions of "Real Dust" mod and on a free version of Live for Speed and it worked instantly and without any flaws. My GPU is able to handle all of the effects. Even tried it with DOF and Ambient Occlusion enabled and it worked (except I don't see DOF effect but I imagine that it's disabled for multiplayer games)

I don't know what to think of this right now, my GPU is able to handle ReShade, yet PR just does not want to hear any of it.
Der_Landser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 09:53   #32
MAVEN

Thanks for the response.

It would seem that your graphics card's drivers are misbehaving or the card itself is incompatible with older games. I had this kind of issue with graphic card on my other systems which was an older ATI. When I used old drivers older games would perform superbly, but when I updated Catalyst it would not only crash some of them but lag them too while newer games worked just fine.

A lot of people using GT9800 complain about ReShade not working.

It could probably help trying older drivers, though this is not recommended just for a mod as your game is working fine.

There is one quick thing you can try though if you're having issues:

1. Go to Home
2. Grab ReShade 2.0 and download it.
3. Unpack it.
4. Rename ReShade32.dll to d3d9.dll then place that DLL over the one used by RealDust.
5. Try to play.

This can potentially fix it but may break other things within RealDust. Let me know if you test that out.
MAVEN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 11:43   #33
Der_Landser

Just tried it, does not work.

Yeah, I am not willing to try the older drivers as I am content with the ones I use right now.

Also, I already mentioned that I made this work with another game (Live for Speed), and it was just a case of extracting the files into the folder.

The game looked just like your screenshots and Scroll Lock worked just fine to enable disable the effects.

It has to do with Project Reality.
Der_Landser is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 22:04   #34
MAVEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Landser View Post
Just tried it, does not work.

Yeah, I am not willing to try the older drivers as I am content with the ones I use right now.

Also, I already mentioned that I made this work with another game (Live for Speed), and it was just a case of extracting the files into the folder.

The game looked just like your screenshots and Scroll Lock worked just fine to enable disable the effects.

It has to do with Project Reality.
Thanks for all the feedback and effort you made.

I'm really sorry to hear that you can't get RD working on PR. The dll hook of RD is basically replacement for directx, ie it uses same framework but what executables do when they see d3d9.dll in parent directory is they replace (virtually) the directx d3d9.dll with modified one and use it for emulation, this enables temporary effects used as in RD.

Perhaps you are missing some directx libraries, but I really don't know why would your card work with other games and not with PR with the RD mod, very strange.

If I find a potential solution I will let you know, but so far nothing has turned up as an alternative.
Old 2016-07-22, 22:50   #35
MAVEN

V4 is up.

V4 has only minor but noticable updates which mostly focus on new color formula, adjusted parameters, toned down bloom and optimization for bigger resoltuons. This time RD was balanced for resolutions between 720p and 2k, anything lower or higher than that is not supported (but will work).

I also noticed one important thing (might be for me) - when used with higher resolutions than 1080p, RD uses a bit more processing power and resources thus fan speed increases a bit too. If your system can't run PR vanilla within 20-30 frames I do no recommend using RealDust with all features instead you can use switches. I have a decent gamer PC and PR barely uses 10% of anything (except ram, uses more) but still precaution is always recommended.

For V5 I don't have big plans, may fix color and filters further and fix reported issues but apart from that nothing new expected really. I may create experimental variants of v4 though like sci-fi, cartoon, headcam etc as the mod has these filters bundled in. If you modify the mod and make major improvements yourself do share bellow, if it's something new I can add it and credit you

P.S. The masks (dust, lens, etc) that are actual textures are in 1920x1080 resolution, making that resolution native for this mod. However if you need smaller or bigger textures let me know. You can also shrink or expand them yourself, just make sure to use aspect ratio.

P.S. 2. Since RealDust is a preset of ReShade, you can test it on other games and modify it then send me your own preset, I can then pack it, credit you in it (you can make own readme files too) and add it in the thread under "other game ports" section or something like that. To apply - your edit has to be major in distinction from RD, for a game that is not already covered by RD and with at least one screenshot as a showcase.
Last edited by MAVEN; 2016-07-22 at 23:02..
Old 2016-07-24, 18:45   #36
SHADOWNET

Wow, this looks dank! So, will it work on other games like 2142, fallout, etc????

keep up the good work, m9.

So, will there be a v5??????

BYE!
SHADOWNET is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 02:37   #37
MAVEN

Thanks, the mod can work with any game but you'll have to adjust parameters to match. I am currently not having enough time to make presets for other games besides the ones I play regularly but anyone is welcome to make a port for their favorite games. If the port is really good I can add it in main thread and credit you.

So far I ported RealDust only to ArmA 2, I plan on doing so for SWAT 4, BF2 (although RD should work native with that one) , maybe ArmA 3 and BF2142 (I still have that game)

As for v5, not sure, but if I find something major to change there may be v5 in the future. I also thought of maybe making swappable items such as color palettes, new dirt masks etc. We'll see.
Old 2016-07-25, 10:24   #38
MAVEN

Guys I need help with the forums.

I am working on 2 new ports of RD - for SWAT 4 and BF2142. And I'm also working on v5 as I discovered a nice update. But here's the problem the main thread became bulky and there's lots of information I would like it to be expandable. Can someone please tell me how to add Spoilers in threads or at least give me the code?

This will help once ports and v5 are finished. Thanks in advance.
Old 2016-07-25, 10:46   #39
SHADOWNET

you can try looking at the color luts from the Real Light preset. I forgot the site tho, just do a search, they have some really nice color LUTS (it'll give more variety that way).

good work, and I'm totally free to use whatever version I want, right?

sorry, i tried a couple of spoiler tags and it didnt work.

Y'know wat? Just throw everything in there, m8, dont worry, it'll be nice to lag everyone's browser and waste their bandwidth... (sarcasm....or not?)
SHADOWNET is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 11:19   #40
MAVEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOWNET View Post
you can try looking at the color luts from the Real Light preset. I forgot the site tho, just do a search, they have some really nice color LUTS (it'll give more variety that way).

good work, and I'm totally free to use whatever version I want, right?

sorry, i tried a couple of spoiler tags and it didnt work.

Y'know wat? Just throw everything in there, m8, dont worry, it'll be nice to lag everyone's browser and waste their bandwidth... (sarcasm....or not?)
Real Light is nice, I acrually named Real Dust similarly as it aims to achieve realism too lol. It was a quick pick of a name, supposed to be temporary but meh.

Real Light doesn't use 3D LUT palettes and depends on more shaders. Real Dust was based on PR GEM which itself is a MasterEffect ReShade and which itself is a ReShade 1.1.

You can use any version for personal use only, no commercial use of course. All of these presets and mods forbid sale and uncredited distribution. You can also make own preset as it's not that hard.

As for the spoiler, I really need that in the thread. Don't want to lag loadup times but also don't want to remove old screenshots as they showcase changes over versions. I saw threads with spoilers and I'd like to add spoilers to mine.

Tags
dust, graphics, mod, project, real, reality