project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Sep 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2013-01-31, 09:13   #11
BroCop

Default Re: The military media thread (Photos/Videos/Links/etc) Pt. 3

The FFL had JCVD in Morocco and still lose the battle so that goes to show how badass they are

BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 09:42   #12
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavo|xXx View Post
Ok, it's just on the topic of training - he said that they received very little French lessons (he was on a course to become a fast tracked Caporal and needed to learn French), they spent a lot of time picking weeds and he said that a lot of the time people failed basic weapon safety checks and stuff.

Although I guess he highlights the negatives quite a lot, so maybe there was regular proper training and stuff going on.

I don't know, I originally thought they were some of the best but the book has really made me re-think about it all. I'd like to hear what others have to say as well.
Well from the documentaries I have seen recently, this has drastically changed I think, they have quite a lot of French lessons and learn French in a matter of months. And really French isn't the easiest language to learn from scratch, especially if you're from a non-latin country, so I'd say their methods are pretty effective, the ones who don't speak French are paired with a French speaking recruit (Belgian, Swiss, Canadian...) who have to teach them whenever possible or needed, plus the group lessons.

I watched this documentary a while ago, and I think it's not too bad if you're looking for more informations.

Part 2
Part 3
Midnight_o9 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 10:39   #13
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Indeed, the Legion has become much more discriminating over the last 20 years or so, with the end of the cold war and the end of conscription in France (which was a major part of the rationale for the Legion - using conscripts overseas in colonial and post-colonial wars would have been deeply unpopular) has meant that the legion has had to change the way they do things. The time of criminals being able to join no questions asked has long since passed. Minor crimes are often overlooked but the old image of the Legion as a unit full of murders, cutthroats and scoundrels has changed rather.

Additionally, with fall of the strict border controls between east and west Europe meant that many former Warsaw Pact soldiers in the early/mid 90s, former military/paramilitary members from the Balkans later on, Russians who'd served in Chechnya, Brits who'd served in Northern Ireland, troops who'd been made redundant in the general scaling down of military forces following the end of the Cold War and generally having a larger pool of militarily experienced potential recruits has meant standards are higher for entry.

From what I've read and seen about the Legion the "pointless" tasks, like cutting the lawns with nail scissors are there to get legionnaires used to following orders, no matter what they are, without question or complaint and to be willing to take on seemingly impossible tasks (I recall one documentary that related the story of legionnaires being told to move a hill 50 meters to the left and rather than questioning or complaining they simply went over and started picking up the rocks and moving them. If the boss said that's what they had to do not only is it possible, it absolutely must be done).

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Bob_Marley is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 17:52   #14
Sgt.Ayllon

Some pictures of Spanish Eurofighter yeah pictures, because the video is very expensive and we are in crysis

sorry for my bad english
Sgt.Ayllon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 20:40   #15
Panzerfire

Send a message via MSN to Panzerfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Ayllon View Post
Some pictures of Spanish Eurofighter yeah pictures, because the video is very expensive and we are in crysis
Don't worry, here's a bailout for you.

USMCMIDN: KILL EVERYTHING!
gx: KILL! KILL! KILL 'EM ALL!!
[R-DEV]Dunehunter: Great attitude for hearts and minds
Panzerfire is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 22:02   #16
The Iron Dreamer

A few quick questions:

Why only 2 A2A missiles?
Is that a fuel tank on the belly?
And what is that camera-like-looking-thingy in front of the cockpit?
The Iron Dreamer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 08:41   #17
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Dreamer View Post
A few quick questions:

Why only 2 A2A missiles?
Is that a fuel tank on the belly?
And what is that camera-like-looking-thingy in front of the cockpit?
thingy on the front is
Infra-red search and track - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and to missiles, because, they didnt need more than two for what ever they were doing

There is only one unforgivable lie That is the lie that says, This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, the world is safe.? The Great Khan.

40k is deep like that.
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 09:52   #18
Sgt.Ayllon

Nice video

I dont want a bailout LOL, I want a trabajo (job)

sorry for my bad english
Sgt.Ayllon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 13:35   #19
[R-DEV]​Airsoft
PR:BF2 Developer

[YOUTUBEHD]4Wob2ryCfhc[/YOUTUBEHD]

Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 16:58   #20
DieVoorJe91

Only the americans will come up with such a machine.

CV9035 NL
The best a man can get!
DieVoorJe91 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ifv, links, media, military, photos, thread, tulpar, turkish, video, videos