project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
26 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2021-05-15, 06:42   #1
Multi

Default NEED HELP WITH M16A1 SOUNDS

I noticed something weird, after replacing the sound of the m4, i noticed that m16 models still have the same vanilla sound.

And after looking around, none of the m16 folders in weapons_client have any sound folder where i can replace them

None of the IDF or the US variants of the m16 have any sound files or any sound folder inside them

Any idea of where the m16 variants may have their sound files? ( like the M16A1 "Mekotzar", etc)

"Supimos dar la vida por nuestras Malvinas, y sabremos dar muerte a quien pretenda arrebatarlas."
Multi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-15, 07:47   #2
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: NEED HELP WITH M16A1 SOUNDS

Look at the .tweak files in objects\weapons\Handheld

Quote:
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe Sound S_idfrif_m16a1_Fire1P
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser jsa
ObjectTemplate.soundFilename "objects/weapons/handheld/usrif_m203/sounds/m16_fire_1p_indoor.wav"

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-15, 08:34   #3
Multi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
Thank you so much!, now i can see why i wasn't finding it, it's sitting inside the m203 grenade launcher folder, thank you for the help

"Supimos dar la vida por nuestras Malvinas, y sabremos dar muerte a quien pretenda arrebatarlas."
Old 2021-05-15, 09:56   #4
Multi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
One more question tho, does this work for distant sounds as well?, there is no distant sound file for the GALIL and the .tweak files don't show that directory, is there any way to see what sound is it using?

Old 2021-05-15, 10:20   #5
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multi View Post
One more question tho, does this work for distant sounds as well?, there is no distant sound file for the GALIL and the .tweak files don't show that directory, is there any way to see what sound is it using?
Distant sounds are part of the muzzle effect so look for that in the galil tweak file.
Quote:
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate e_Muzz_M16_2
Then find that emitter in effects, which will read.
Quote:
ObjectTemplate.soundFilename "objects/weapons/common/sounds/distantshots/m16_far_01.ogg,objects/weapons/common/sounds/distantshots/m16_far_02.ogg.....etc

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-15, 10:27   #6
Multi

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
Distant sounds are part of the muzzle effect so look for that in the galil tweak file.

Then find that emitter in effects, which will read.
Thank you, really helpful people, i'll compensate for the trouble by showing my sounds soon

Tags
sound