project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2018-06-29, 21:22   #11
[508th_PIR] Grey
Supporting Member

[508th_PIR] Grey's Avatar
Default Re: Why are people giving up so fast when shot?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinen View Post
Maybe but it may be a solution,give medic more points.Then ppl who love to have more points,they take medic kit.
Maybe something has changed, but I used to get top score all of the time playing as medic, with zero kills. Probably not the solution.

[508th_PIR] Grey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 01:44   #12
Brotherscompany
Default Re: Why are people giving up so fast when shot?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
This. People give up because they figure they'll get back in the game faster that way.
Maybey add like 5-10s to respawn if you give under 20/30s (you guys are the devs lm sure you will have a ideia of what you want ingame)?
I mean l know there is like this cooldown on kit selection if you gave up as soon as shot but that doesnt seem to detoriate people from my experience. From my experience when you end suiciding those extra 5s seem to take forever to pass. If this was well explained to players l think it could work and it would force people not to give up so fast without messing with tickets
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 01:48   #13
Brotherscompany
Default Re: Why are people giving up so fast when shot?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [508th_PIR] Grey View Post
Maybe something has changed, but I used to get top score all of the time playing as medic, with zero kills. Probably not the solution.
Defenilly , medics are already well rewarded. A person who dedicates himself has a medic or that does purelly his job for exemple in a urban map or even in a regular map can finish top 10 no problem. There were some rounds that l managed to get 1st place without taking notion by only being medic
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 02:00   #14
Brotherscompany
Default Re: Why are people giving up so fast when shot?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinen View Post

-And about medic kits on Vietnam,Ins maps i will not even write about it(look at the selection of weapons for medic)and everything will be clear to you.
Honestly this might not be especially true for all of us medics. The treat to play as medic especially in those maps because there are a variety of weapons to choose from instead of the standart issue rifle! They are in no question inferior (not every time tough, l can do better with a Siminov than a AKM) but hosnestly never did l felt cheated because of those weapons

l would even argue that it has a good effect because you cant realibily be a front soldier anymore and it forces to either 1) adapt your aproach 2) stay in the back a tiny bit not to get shot . That just forces the medic to be more of a support role so l´d argue that is extremelly usefull
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 02:08   #15
Brotherscompany
Default Re: Why are people giving up so fast when shot?!

[QUOTE=Avenged_Fate;2189062]Unfortunately, people just can't be bothered to wait to be revived.
Not to mention that the lack of coordination and motivation within the squad might be contributing factors to give up before being revived.

Intense firefights inside of buildings/bunkers/caves also might make people just not want to wait.[/QUOTE

Defenilly agree with you mano

l think also what has been said here its being forgotten its a tacticall game contributes to that.
Its really annoying telling your SQ not to give only to find out 3 of them spawned even though you gave them orders not to
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 02:21   #16
Brotherscompany
Default Re: Why are people giving up so fast when shot?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeneraLuna View Post
The main problem in my experience is that some medics only dedicated themselves to their squadmates eventhough you have fallen just near them. Some are micless but those who are good medics are still present in the game, many to mention.
Yhe… that could be have one of the things that can change a player mentality over time. But to be honest in theory everyone should have their dedicated medic because they are in a SQ.

One can get seperated from his SQ or fall behind due to the fact of trying to get everyone, and those of us who SQL know how weird it is seing your medics falling of behind or having to wait for them to regroup or even worse, not having the medic with you when needed because l was healling random people. In some cases one cannot hesitate leaving people behind to keep up with the tactics

That problem has to be adressed by sitionational awareness of medics and the knowlodge if there are other medics around (not from your SQ).
But l defenilly understand your point there!
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 10:05   #17
iMpuLse187
Default Re: Why are people giving up so fast when shot?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
They do when you right click on 'give up'. People just aren't patient enough anymore.
Yeah, it's like people just want to get right in and fight. I haven't played in a while but it looked like people didn't care about saving tickets like it used to be.
iMpuLse187 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 14:25   #18
PatrickLA_CA

PatrickLA_CA's Avatar
Default Re: Why are people giving up so fast when shot?!

This is mostly down to the squad leaders I believe. A good squad leader will not allow his squad members to give up when it is not necessary. At least that's my experience.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 20:30   #19
X-Alt

X-Alt's Avatar
Default Re: Why are people giving up so fast when shot?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMpuLse187 View Post
Yeah, it's like people just want to get right in and fight. I haven't played in a while but it looked like people didn't care about saving tickets like it used to be.
People that pull their own weight and kill more than die can afford to give up.

People that can't get kills should wait for a medic. It's that simple
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 22:49   #20
saXoni
Supporting Member
Default Re: Why are people giving up so fast when shot?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Alt View Post
People that pull their own weight and kill more than die can afford to give up.

People that can't get kills should wait for a medic. It's that simple
Everyone should wait for medic. It's that simple.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
fast, giving, people, shot
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 21:39.