project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
14 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-06-25, 22:47   #1
Brotherscompany
Unhappy Why are people giving up so fast when shot?!

So first of all l think l entered in PR scene maybey like 2 years ago so before that time, l cant talk about how it was because l have no clue, but now people are giving up so freaking fast when shot!!!

So l basically have been playing almost every day since 2 years and probably 90% of the time spent in game was defenilly as a medic, that is what gives me pleasure playing as, getting my Squad up, healing people, be that guy that says lm gonna put the needle in your pénis and all that random medic stuff . But something is becoming more obvious and honestly annoying to me, something that is only getting worst as time goes by and l even dare to say becoming more extreme in maybey the previous 4 months.

-People are giving up as soon as they pratically get shot now, even though they are in my Squad or in range of them being able to hear me talking in Local saying: *DONT GIVE UP MEDIC WILL GET YOU* they give up. Most times l found myself when we get into those firefights were like 5 out of 8 of guys in the Squad die, by the time l ask to the closest guy get my medic kit and revive me l found that those 3 or 4 guys either gave up or have already respawned! Hell 3 days ago l was moving in Marlin in a group of 4, 3 of us die in a safe zone including our SQL, it took me 15 seconds to get the medic kit and start stabing people, only to realise all of them gave up without even calling for medic or realising l could have grabed the kit, the SQL didnt said the to give up, he only said:"Damn…"

What happened to when you died and you waited for the medic to get you up, or you waited for the only guy in a Squad that survived to get the medic kit and get everyone up?

A bit of my rant since l face this problem every day and l start to encounter this more and more but l also wanted to hear it from you especially those guys that avoid the medic kit as a plague . Also this is my first time placing a post on the fóruns so l broke any rule my bad
Brotherscompany is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-26, 01:52   #2
lakinen
Default Re: Why are people giving up so fast when shot?!

The main problem with medic kit(why no one want to be medic). Is when you play as medic all round you run around and look map for ppl you need to revive.So nobody wants to make it whole round(run and revive),ppl want to shoot on enemy.This problem existed before, creators of BF this was solved by limited time for revive and throwing out the first aid.Unfortunately, this is not possible in this case.

Why are people giving up so fast when shot?!
In 90% case,because of a lack medic on map,ppl give up.Or medic is far away from wounded.

Maybe but it may be a solution,give medic more points.Then ppl who love to have more points,they take medic kit.Or if you give up,your team lose 2 tickets.....

I am one of those who takes it medic kit,but after hours and hours of playing, I gave up no respect for medic in game.

-And about medic kits on Vietnam,Ins maps i will not even write about it(look at the selection of weapons for medic)and everything will be clear to you.

Last edited by lakinen; 2018-06-26 at 02:16..
Old 2018-06-26, 06:28   #3
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester

The main problem in my experience is that some medics only dedicated themselves to their squadmates eventhough you have fallen just near them. Some are micless but those who are good medics are still present in the game, many to mention.

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 04:53   #4
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakinen View Post
The main problem with medic kit(why no one want to be medic). Is when you play as medic all round you run around and look map for ppl you need to revive.So nobody wants to make it whole round(run and revive),ppl want to shoot on enemy.This problem existed before, creators of BF this was solved by limited time for revive and throwing out the first aid.Unfortunately, this is not possible in this case.
How really? I've had medics on my squad and still see many people play and say that they enjoy playing with the kit, most times because of the rewards that they get by reviving or healing, and i like that too, i have never seen someone complain about the lack of presense of the medic in firefights, since the most safe place for them to be is behind some guy with a better offensive role, and also by the fact that squads can be wiped out by some single guy with a AR or something close to that people tend to feel the necessity of using the medic.
The problem comes when most medics like to take a more agressive role with the rest of the squad and follow the more offensive role guys with absolutely no clue of what is about to happen, and when a firefight kicks out they rarely survive for more than 1 minute, members of Squads with a good number of Mobile spawn points close to the firefight just tend to give up quickly since they know that they will arrive to reinforce everyone in the fastest and safest way
yes is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 13:53   #5
ron366

Because this game has become a normal fps shooting game for half of the community.....
in the last few years i find it really really hard to find a squad that actually playing objective and using microphones...
i enter a game and what i see is a map full of lonewolves , frag looking , micless players...
that's way im mainly playing as ins... i give up on finding a good squad before even entering the game..
ron366 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 07:05   #6
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by yes View Post
How really? I've had medics on my squad and still see many people play and say that they enjoy playing with the kit, most times because of the rewards that they get by reviving or healing, and i like that too, i have never seen someone complain about the lack of presense of the medic in firefights, since the most safe place for them to be is behind some guy with a better offensive role, and also by the fact that squads can be wiped out by some single guy with a AR or something close to that people tend to feel the necessity of using the medic.
The problem comes when most medics like to take a more agressive role with the rest of the squad and follow the more offensive role guys with absolutely no clue of what is about to happen, and when a firefight kicks out they rarely survive for more than 1 minute, members of Squads with a good number of Mobile spawn points close to the firefight just tend to give up quickly since they know that they will arrive to reinforce everyone in the fastest and safest way
My newbie days of playing, i used to be a medic because of low end rig that makes me meh when it comes to firefight because of low fps. Now occasionally i still play medic and play my part to all my teammates no matter how hard the situation is , throw smoke so the enemies cannot see out position but the only bad sides of being a medic reviving someone is, a good skilled enemy who can poach/poke you out, enemy grenade and vehicle thermals

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 15:24   #7
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron366 View Post
Because this game has become a normal fps shooting game for half of the community.....
This. People give up because they figure they'll get back in the game faster that way.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 15:49   #8
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

A major issue with revives is that the revive minimap icons don't always show. This is unfortunately a vBF2 bug

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 20:13   #9
Avenged_Fate

Unfortunately, people just can't be bothered to wait to be revived.
Not to mention that the lack of coordination and motivation within the squad might be contributing factors to give up before being revived.

Intense firefights inside of buildings/bunkers/caves also might make people just not want to wait.

"Technology is a lie sent by liberals to kill us

"Except for weapons technology, which we use to kill other people" - Judge Grady
Avenged_Fate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 01:03   #10
saXoni
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab View Post
A major issue with revives is that the revive minimap icons don't always show. This is unfortunately a vBF2 bug
They do when you right click on 'give up'. People just aren't patient enough anymore.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fast, giving, people, shot