project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-02-01, 18:58   #21
Murphy

Default Re: HAT being snatched at beginning of round.

Possibly deal with that by having a HAT pick-up kit at main in the case of those 4km maps that would ideally have 2 HAT kits.

I think having a delay on an INF tool is a bad move. It's like your saying your finger hurts so we cut the whole hand off. The solution is a bit in the extreme, and the impact might be larger than we can surmise in a thread as opposed to seeing the results in-game.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 04:18   #22
Avenged_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post

Also...to give inf squads and APC hat squads a chance to forget about the hat and focus on getting flags...then those who really need a hat kit, go to a nearby crate and attack their armored foe.
I don't know, man. I feel as if the HAT is really a "once-chance" shot. Yeah, you can resupply, but if you miss, the chances you get to hit your target again are pretty scarce.

I'd propose to have the HAT kit only functional for INF/Mortar squads. Tanks, APC's, CAS, they have their own assets to play with. You miss your AP shot? Tough shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post

they often end up very far away from squads getting lit up by armour
Exactly. THIS! They usually end up fighting their own pointless wars far away from everyone else, leaving INF squads vulnerable.

Armor squads, especially APC's are meant to support infantry. Give them the HAT, you use your cool nifty projectiles and coax.
Last edited by Avenged_Fate; 2018-02-02 at 16:41..
Old 2018-02-02, 10:02   #23
Aleon

"Some guys get asset X, can't use it properly, and the whole team suffers." You could make the same argument about tanks or CAS. This thread is about a people problem, not a game balance one. HAT is currently an unclaimable, yet useful asset that people want. If you want to see this changed, convince servers to make rules regarding the HAT.

(And as for buffing the HAT/adding more doesn't work like you think it does. The problem with HATs and TOWs is that they are effective against everything. By making them more prevalent in game you are indirectly nerfing literally everything else. If you have a problem with the stuff that can only be killed by HATs, change that specific stuff not the HAT; otherwise you'll likely end up with a mess.)

Last edited by Aleon; 2018-02-02 at 10:15..
Old 2018-02-02, 11:43   #24
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleon View Post
snip
This.

Doesn't matter that armor got buffed and guided missles nerfed- in the right hands (especially the guided ones) HAT/TOW can impact the game a bit too much.
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 13:54   #25
Avenged_Fate

Quote:
"Some guys get asset X, can't use it properly, and the whole team suffers." You could make the same argument about tanks or CAS.
You're right, and I will make the same argument. I'm not sure if you're replying to me, but I'll take the cue. I've seen CAS, Tanks, APC and even Trans squads wielding the HAT kit, inside of an almost free kit squad that's scattered around the map.

Quote:
This thread is about a people problem, not a game balance one.
It is a balance problem when the only HAT kit is out and about doing f**k-all, not helping out when infantry squads are almost being overrun.
Avenged_Fate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 15:28   #26
PatrickLA_CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_Avenged_Fate_HTID_xX View Post
It is a balance problem when the only HAT kit is out and about doing f**k-all, not helping out when infantry squads are almost being overrun.
And how would you balance it? The only way to balance it while not nerfing the shit out of every asset is with a server rule that can dictate which squads can use it, but even then, how are you going to decide which squad needs it? IMO there's nothing wrong with the asset squads using the kit in the first 20 minutes of the game to keep enemy vehicles from taking up good positions.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 16:40   #27
Avenged_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
And how would you balance it? The only way to balance it while not nerfing the shit out of every asset is with a server rule that can dictate which squads can use it.
Precisely. I know this seems very "authoritarian", but the way I see it (and it's just my personal view on the subject), it's the only way to make sure the HAT kit doesn't go wander off while other squads might need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
how are you going to decide which squad needs it?
I've said it in a less recent post, allow the HAT kit to be only used by INF/Mortar squads to defend their positions against enemy armor.

Trans and CAS don't need the HAT, they'll be busy flying (except for the spotter in CAS), APC's most of the time have enough firepower to go against other APC's, and Tanks (specially The T-72, Abrams, Challenger) sure as hell have enough firepower to go against each other and against APC's.

But this is just my opinion.
Old 2018-02-02, 18:36   #28
Bastiannn

Quote:
You seem to have a milsimish point of view on Project Reality and seem not to have the right idea about how public games actually go down.
Also you seem to ignore the idea of TOWs that have been brought up since the very first posts in this thread.

Bastiannn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 19:03   #29
Murphy

Quote:

I've said it in a less recent post, allow the HAT kit to be only used by INF/Mortar squads to defend their positions against enemy armor.
So what if Mortars and that INF Squad Leader decided to take the kit to a part of the map that the APC/Tanks never go to? You haven't solved your issue at all, you're just trying to play the game for someone else. Players are hardcoded, certain people will always rush to get the HAT at the round start and then go on to be useless. There is no ruleset, nerf/buff, gameplay adjustment that will change the mentality of a selfish person.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 19:06   #30
Avenged_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastiannn View Post
You seem to have a milsimish point of view on Project Reality and seem not to have the right idea about how public games actually go down.
"you have a different point of view therefore are uninformed in the topic at hand"
Lel, what kind of argument is that?
Of course I have a different point of view, and it's exactly because of my own experience of being raped by enemy armor while the only HAT in the team is screwing around on the other side of the map that I have this opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastiannn View Post
You seem to have a milsimish point of view on Project Reality
Yeah, sorry, dude, I guess we're playing Project of Duty, then.

Tags
beginning, hat, round, snatched