project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
15 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Closed Thread

Old 2016-03-11, 19:25   #11
W.Darwin
Banned
Default Re: 3ds max 9

I dont know how many DEV's Watch this thread but its only to say, the TEXTURE tutorial, UV MAPPING tutorials and such are all expired!

none of the image are loading! Making it very difficult to understand

Also
How can I open the DDS textures in 3dsmax ?|?| it keeps saying its invalid file format!

Alrighty!

What's the deal with DDS ?! I was able to setup textures with Jpeg format image!

Alright, so I was able to open the DDS file from photoshop, now what? I still can't use it in 3dsmax !

Last edited by W.Darwin; 2016-03-11 at 20:35..
Old 2016-03-11, 20:49   #12
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

install 3dsmax service packs

Old 2016-03-11, 21:32   #13
[R-DEV]​Ratface
PR:BF2 Developer

I believe you need 3dsmax 9 service pack 2 (or something along those lines). Just make sure you have them. You may or may not need additional plugins, I don't believe you do as long as you get the service packs like Mineral has mentioned.

Old 2016-03-11, 21:39   #14
W.Darwin
Banned

DAMN!

It changed the image of the 2 snakes and the armored man while opening the program!!

I loved this picture D:

It probably works now tho.. D:

R.I.P Beautiful opening interface )...:

Also, Rhino, if you come across my thread, i dont understand this line in the texturing tutorial

''Then from there we need to add a Unwrap UVW modifier in order to edit our UV. Once added, click the big edit button in the modifier tab then in the top left of the edit UVW window, go to pick texture''

The Windows to pick texture is NOT on the top left, rather on the top right.
And I can't find the Common_01.dds file in here.

Last edited by W.Darwin; 2016-03-11 at 22:11..
Old 2016-03-11, 22:57   #15
W.Darwin
Banned

My latest door,

474 faces

This time based on a reference,

The door frame and door handle are still on progress

Alright, that'S the mordern sub-urb door set. ehh... Maybe i'll do 1 or 2 more. But im good to start building houses now!
(I still have 2 doors out of 5 to make the LOD's but meh.. )

Last edited by W.Darwin; 2016-03-12 at 00:27..
Old 2016-03-12, 01:05   #16
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Tbh, those details should be done with high poly to texture rendering. it's not worth it in our engine to have that kind of detail. Better off doing that through rendering to a texture.

Old 2016-03-12, 01:18   #17
W.Darwin
Banned

Mineral, that was my actual intention.

I thought that was how it was supposed to be done?

You modelise a 3d model with high number of poly, you apply the texture to it, then you reduce the number of poly with a texture that will simulate this level of detail.. ??

I saw some models of Vehicule made by one of the dev, with a great numbers of polygon, only used to setup the texture with a maximum of d?tails, then reducing the tri count?..

Uhh...

I really don'T know, all I do is modelize stuff and expect the DEV's to tell me its quality enough to be in the game

Is it possible to display the tri count ? instead of Faces or polygons?
Last edited by W.Darwin; 2016-03-12 at 08:56..
Old 2016-03-12, 21:27   #18
W.Darwin
Banned

So what do I do now? I'm about to start a house. But you just tell me i made my doors too detailed..? Should i try to make the house more basic too?
Old 2016-03-14, 10:16   #19
W.Darwin
Banned

Latest work update!

First big reference model.

391 Vertices
243 Faces

so far.

[The model was not optimized yet. I assume I can reduce the vertices count of about 50-60 and go below 200 faces]
Last edited by W.Darwin; 2016-03-14 at 10:31..
Old 2016-03-14, 22:07   #20
W.Darwin
Banned

As requested by Rifle in the ''how to make a simple static model'' thread, I moved my post in here

Quote:
That's my last double posts on this thread, I hope u got time to check this,

Can you try to export the file yourself? see if its me who cannot export properly? or maybe The 3d model is wrong somehow?

Metal_door_tex.max :: Free File Hosting - File Dropper: File Host for Mp3, Videos, Music, Documents.

That's the Door I try to export.
The problem is each time I export a file from 3DsMax0 to BF2 with the POE plugin, instead of going in the designed path i assigned the program to do (wich is the regular program files (86)/EA games etc etc etc) it transfers the file into the /appdata/Local/virtualstore/ Path into and temporary saved data of Battlefield2 files.

Wich does not reach into the actual BF2 Editor.

Also, If I move those files manually into the Editor, they render perfectly but when I load the map, they are not here anymore.

I keep trying to fix the problem. So far I did probably like 10+ different attempt to fix it.
I keep tryin..

Thx for the future help!

If not, well see you soon
Closed Thread

Tags
3ds, max