project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
17 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Old 2013-09-02, 19:28   #1
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Too fast bot respawn.

Is it just me or is it extremely hard to capture flags now with 15-20 sec spawn time? I played on Khamisiyah and it was near impossible to capture the chem weapons facility, the enemy bots just kept respawning inside it. I was driving in a circle inside that complex just shooting bots, I couldn't go one round around the complex without respawns.

I'm all for lower spawn times on co-op but maybe increase it a bit for the bots.

Or maybe connect the spawnpoints to the previous flag, If you capture point A,B,C the spawnpoints are on A,B only, then when you capture D you get spawnpoint on C etc.
Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 23:05   #2
matty1053

Keep killing the bots lol

You can edit the settings in the python folder.

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 19:27   #3
[RGN]Fishsticks

Default Re: Too fast bot respawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
Keep killing the bots lol

You can edit the settings in the python folder.

I'm assuming this can be done server side and not just for local singleplayer?
[RGN]Fishsticks is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 20:26   #4
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Too fast bot respawn.

In local single-player you are server. Go to battlefield2/mods/pr/python/game/realityconfig_coop.py and change settings you want. As for making spawn-time longer for bots, change C['DEAD_TIME'], to change minimum spawn-time, and C['WOUNDED_TIME'] to change maximum spawntime for bots(they can't give up). Also you can set both really high, and use rcon commands to spawn yourself(rcon debug, rcon ready name).

Moszeusz6Pl is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bot, fast, respawn