project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
20 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2013-06-30, 16:13   #21
Leut.dweed
Default Re: Weapons Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Future View Post
I think that deployed MGs are now less LazorPewPew weapons than in 0.98, because of the recoil.

The deviation feels way more realistic now, well done.
The HMG?s are ok, but the light ones get abused for solo ramboclearing of buildings what is just ridicoulus
Leut.dweed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 17:20   #22
mazien
Supporting Member

the deviation is perfect nice job keep it don't change!!!!!
mazien is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 17:39   #23
Heavy Death

Deviation 10/10
Recoil 10/10
Visuals 10/10
Sounds 10/10

To all the complains above. Here is a little trick in the change of the gameplay; you might think that removal of binocs +tight deviation now calls for CQB only, but its the opposite! Long range is where its at. Come close and chaos ensues, everybody dying left and right. Setting up a squad atleast 100m from where the enemy is, putting down suppressive fire which is so accurate now that the jack in a box tactics dont work and pretty much every enemy that dares to run out of cover will die.

Mindset adjusting is needed, not the other stuff.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 17:41   #24
Cavazos

Long range fire does feel deadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
if you try to move slowly there will be some guy that just suddenly runs around a corner in front of you and probably is able to kill half of your squad before you even realize where it is coming from.
You're exaggerating. If the guy runs around the corner in front of you while you are moving slowly, you will fire first and see him as he is in FRONT of you. Moving without sprinting let's you bring up your weapon faster than the enemy. If he kills you it is because you are a poor marksman or weren't scanning your sectors.
Cavazos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 20:00   #25
Leut.dweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiHeat87 View Post
Long range fire does feel deadly.

You're exaggerating. If the guy runs around the corner in front of you while you are moving slowly, you will fire first and see him as he is in FRONT of you. Moving without sprinting let's you bring up your weapon faster than the enemy. If he kills you it is because you are a poor marksman or weren't scanning your sectors.
Mostly they are so fast and close that they are "lagging" around you. Then the guy who is running has the advantage
Leut.dweed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 20:04   #26
Cavazos

I see what you mean. Then its the lag that must be fixed.
Cavazos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 20:08   #27
Viperelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leut.dweed View Post
Mostly they are so fast and close that they are "lagging" around you. Then the guy who is running has the advantage
A lot of this has to do with your ping and their ping. When someone has a crazy high ping like 200+ they seem to almost "teleport" around on my screen and appear in different positions.

This could be fixed with server ping limits but there would need to be more servers so that people from all areas could get access to the servers.
Viperelite is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 21:05   #28
Oliie

I like the new sounds but there's one thing bothering me - the indoor shots don't quite sound so much different from the exterior ones. I mean, they should sound different and somewhat louder. And yet they even still have a sort of decay that exterior shots have. Here's Zippyshare.com - m4.wav a link to show you what I mean. First 3 shots are M4 exterior shots, then next 3 are original interior and next 3 are interior that I modified a bit to sound more interior-ish. Zippy's preview quality is rather low so for better quality downloading is required.
Anyway, hopefully those things can still get tweaked. If not then I might make a mod with those things once PR goes full.

Oh and if PR devs are interested in the method I used to modify it, I can of course share it.
Oliie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 21:38   #29
simeon5541

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Spec View Post
The RPK not having semi auto, along with all other LMGs, is sadly the only known work-around to mag linking issues. it's like that for all weapons that have a deployed mode; they only get one firemode.

Also: No suggestions in this! (@ sniper silenced SMG stuff)
But why he tries to switch fire mode when you press 3 ?
Nothing happens,but it looks kind a odd.
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 22:15   #30
Unhealed

I noticed that there is a slight(like really slight) zoom when you look through the MAT-49s ironsights.
Why is that so? It's kinda useless to have a zoom on smg.
Unhealed is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback, official, weapons