project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion > PR:WWII Suggestions
19 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2012-12-26, 20:03   #21
Rabbit

Default Re: Smaller Omaha level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturus_Shielder View Post
Concept wise it can be historically accurate. In all of those objects you have proper replacements.
Whats proper though? Id say a good 80% of emplacements were tobruk bunkers or sandbags, in fact these bunkers that are always used. http://www.ryanarts.co.uk/temp/bunker2.jpg
They are completely inaccurate. A, they were observation bunkers and I have not found 1 source that actually has them there, in fact I found sources that say they were not there are all.
Tobruk bunker
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XIZEC5IfUf...0/DSC_3264.jpg

The thing I could see you with getting away with is the panzer turret as it didn't last long at all.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 20:22   #22
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

With historically accurate, I don't mean realistic objects. What I mean is towns, objectives, places of interest, etc. But with the assets we already have. If someone wants to model stuff, that's fine and great, but imo not necessary to create a nice map. Like on Brecourt. Pretty accurate, but using our own stuff.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 20:27   #23
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
With historically accurate, I don't mean realistic objects. What I mean is towns, objectives, places of interest, etc. But with the assets we already have. If someone wants to model stuff, that's fine and great, but imo not necessary to create a nice map. Like on Brecourt. Pretty accurate, but using our own stuff.
Everything I listed was an objective with the exception of the sea wall, (which could be done with modifying terrain and painting it with a cobble texture) and the church, which was said to be used for spotting, and could be important. I don't even mention the mansion in verville as it would be more for keeping it authentic. The bunkers I listed we actual objectives for infantry and rangers.

Old 2012-12-26, 20:42   #24
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

If you like, can you draw a "minimap" of what -you- would like to see a map like this, while staying accurate-ish (like Brecourt accurate-ish). Would be interesting?

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 20:54   #25
smith1215

Make a BF1942 omaha beach map. It would be perfect.
smith1215 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 21:08   #26
Rabbit

http://imgur.com/dt4px
Blue- US main

White- From left to right, Charlie --- Dog Green

Red - left to right. Verville Draw or WN72
http://omahabeach.vierville.free.fr/...rIndicHard.jpg
Trenches or WN 71
http://omahabeach.vierville.free.fr/...rIndicHard.jpg
If you did it small enough you could even throw in a munitions point where you see both of the "4"s

Black- Mortar position or WM73 A bunker with artillery piece was here with a mortar tube to its left.

Yellow left to right- Crossroads----- Verville-sur-mer

Lime- German Counter or Ammo Depot.

It would be a 2kmx2k and leaves a lot of open area for para version.

Last edited by Rabbit; 2012-12-26 at 22:09..
Old 2012-12-26, 21:32   #27
[R-CON]​lucky.BOY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to lucky.BOY

You posted link to a missing picture, gx?

I agree it would be nice to see more accurate bunker statics, nearly all of those that are currently there are observations bunkers, proper bunkers should have small firing ports with possibly HMGs and cannons laffeted in them. Somebody would have to make them first though, and its quite a bit of work

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 22:09   #28
Rabbit

Hmm, it shows for me, but I re-uploaded it and added a link.

Old 2012-12-27, 03:25   #29
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Well we have the bunkers from french hope wich are good, but they have big useless part with grass texture on it, it those were removed (edited out) we would have waaaay more potential.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 04:06   #30
Rabbit

I think its worth asking fh2. They have the exact statics but they are unused, sitting there doing nothing

Tags
level, omaha, smaller