project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion > PR:WWII Suggestions
19 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2011-12-24, 14:32   #31
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer
Default Re: Give incentive for Karabiner 98k kit

I don't think there is much of a possibility for an incentive by changing stats, at least not without going into ridiculous terrain. Over practical combat distances there is no single drawback to having a semi automatic rifle.

Ts4EVER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 11:13   #32
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
The G43 was generally very rare and mostly issued to squad leaders and snipers. The K98k was the standard infantry weapon during the war.
Right, the G43 will be available in the Officer Alt kit, no longer for the Rifleman Alt.

Right now however, the Rifleman and Rifleman Alt kits are the same (for the Germans). I'd like to make them slightly different, so if anyone has a good suggestion, feel free to let us know.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 11:22   #33
Pvt.LHeureux
-

MP40, simple as that.

EDIT : The alt-rifleman kit wouldn't be limited, to Assault squads would be forming and using SMGs only, we are looking into this and getting really interesting things out of it.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Last edited by Pvt.LHeureux; 2012-01-02 at 11:40..
Old 2012-01-02, 11:23   #34
Smiddey723

Send a message via MSN to Smiddey723 Send a message via Yahoo to Smiddey723

One kit could have ammo, and the other could have grenades?

Possibly reduce the amount of ammo the MG has and make it into an MG assistant which carries some ammo for the MG

.:2p:.Smiddey
Smiddey723 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 11:24   #35
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Naah, ammo is too important and is and will always be the main role of the rifleman kit in PR. I think adding more SMGs is needed anyway

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 13:34   #36
KaizerSosa81

Perhaps make the alternate rifleman kit limited (for both sides) and make the Wehrmacht Alt kit a K98k with ZF41 scope. Just adjust it so it's useful but essentially far less zoom capabilities of a standard sniper scope. Something more or less range wise like a modern day ACOG, since liberties are being taken here on authenticity I don't think it would be that bad.
KaizerSosa81 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 20:47   #37
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer

Well since your german foces are defending the beach you could put any type of captured rifle in there theoretically.

Ts4EVER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 23:04   #38
Wakain

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
Right, the G43 will be available in the Officer Alt kit, no longer for the Rifleman Alt.

Right now however, the Rifleman and Rifleman Alt kits are the same (for the Germans). I'd like to make them slightly different, so if anyone has a good suggestion, feel free to let us know.
don't know if these are ingame yet, but perhaps something like rifle grenades (unless you use the grenadier kit for those ofcourse) vs grenades, that sort of thing.

frankly I doubt this timeframe (with exceptions) has need of the many kitvariations the pr engine (as we might call it) offers.
Wakain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 00:16   #39
KarlHungus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaizerSosa81 View Post
Perhaps make the alternate rifleman kit limited (for both sides) and make the Wehrmacht Alt kit a K98k with ZF41 scope. Just adjust it so it's useful but essentially far less zoom capabilities of a standard sniper scope. Something more or less range wise like a modern day ACOG, since liberties are being taken here on authenticity I don't think it would be that bad.
Why not keep it authentic? The ZF41 only had 1.5x magnification (as opposed to 2.5x, 4x, 6x, and 8x that were used on sniper rifles).
KarlHungus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 01:40   #40
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Why not having a ZF41 model first ?

Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
98k, give, incentive, k98k, karabiner, kit, users