project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion > PR:WWII Suggestions
13 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:WWII Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2011-12-17, 19:37   #21
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Give incentive for Karabiner 98k kit

Yeah, it's possible to reload it mid clip, but for balance reasons I think it's best.

Didn't know that's the only way to get the ping-thing though. The Garand in PN has the ping in its reload animation. Not entirely realistic, but it's fine as it is - at least for now.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 19:41   #22
Ts4EVER
FH2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
Yeah, it's possible to reload it mid clip, but for balance reasons I think it's best.

Didn't know that's the only way to get the ping-thing though. The Garand in PN has the ping in its reload animation. Not entirely realistic, but it's fine as it is - at least for now.

Well thing is ideally you want the ping to come automatically and not caused by players.

Ts4EVER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 19:48   #23
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
Supporting Member

Definitely. But the weapon is coded/animated otherwise - and I don't have the skills to fix it up I'm afraid..

Old 2011-12-19, 20:58   #24
KaizerSosa81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts4EVER View Post
Well thing is ideally you want the ping to come automatically and not caused by players.
Right, the infamous "ping" sound of the M1 Garand is what is usually used as a sign that the enemy your engaging is empty and needs to reload. This gives Wehrmacht players (especially the K98k users) a great sign to pop out of cover and fire at a reloading enemy.

Definitely helpful audio cue that helps a tad with balance for the fair minded player.
KaizerSosa81 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 00:29   #25
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Actually it was designed so friendlies know when you're out of ammo so they can cover you while you reload

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 16:18   #26
KaizerSosa81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
Actually it was designed so friendlies know when you're out of ammo so they can cover you while you reload
I notice every time you try to correct me when I'm discussing pure game play audio/mechanics. Is it not obvious that I'm talking about game play here for players or I'm I trying to have a historical discussion?

APG tried to manufacture soft plastic in use with the en-bloc clip to lessen the sound of it's injection as enemies were using this distinguishing sound for these very purposes (I was actually trying to describe strictly for K98k users in in-game purposes) though it never happened. It's convenience allowed fellow near by soldiers to know when someone was empty but it wasn't designed specifically for that. If such is the case it was merely a survival adaptation between soldiers on the field, in which such a gruesome war - I wouldn't blame them.

It's annoying to the person who has studied WWII for the past nine years to have someone constantly trying to throw information around one already knows and could elaborate into greater more accurate detail. Stop making my visit to the PN section annoying please... thanks.

EDIT: Sorry if I come off as a d***, but I rather have someone elaborate with me other then constantly try to correct me but it's my fault as I should have taken it to PM.
Last edited by KaizerSosa81; 2011-12-20 at 18:49..
Old 2011-12-20, 16:42   #27
Mikemonster

But what he said is true regarding the game as well. Let's keep it nice and friendly.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 16:45   #28
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
Supporting Member

"Let's keep it nice and friendly"

This. Thank you.

Old 2011-12-20, 20:26   #29
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaizerSosa81 View Post
EDIT: Sorry if I come off as a d***, but I rather have someone elaborate with me other then constantly try to correct me but it's my fault as I should have taken it to PM.
Yeah no problem, I didn't saw the word "players" in your sentence. So I thought you were talking about the real life wermacht soldiers.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 00:54   #30
A. Reaper

Hmmm. Bolt fast as HUMANLY possible, reload faster than M1 Garand because M1 was also known for clipping at thumbs while reloading (In-game slowing M1 reload due to carefulness?), Kar 98k's 7.62 being a little more powerful than M1.

Above is so far what I've came up with.
A. Reaper is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
98k, give, incentive, k98k, karabiner, kit, users