project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
22 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-13, 01:59   #41
Tarranauha200

Default Re: Rememberance/Veterans Day 2011

Like I said, be calm and take it like its just object added for realism.
Old 2011-11-13, 02:05   #42
KiNg828

Though its not for realism, its to respect the death of veterans in our own special way ie on a pr map.

Old 2011-11-13, 02:16   #43
engels

Thanks you very much for your response [R-MOD] Spec, was comforting. I add, and not because I feel persecuted, I'm not a communist. However your explanation does not change my mind and I still think it is inappropriate.

We Also remember the Soldiers Who Died in the Falklands (That war did you support?)

I will not answer that question, but you can clearly see that my nationality is from Argentina, making it an obvious question. Anyway i?ll add, my uncle fought in the Islas Malvinas, so one way or another, I was part of the pain of all those people, on both sides.

Please I do not want to continue discussing this, I just wanted to express my opinion, thank you very much.

I apologize for the grammatical errors

Regards, Mauricio
Old 2011-11-13, 03:17   #44
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by engels View Post
We Also remember the Soldiers Who Died in the Falklands (That war did you support?)

I will not answer that question, but you can clearly see that my nationality is from Argentina, making it an obvious question. Anyway i?ll add, my uncle fought in the Islas Malvinas, so one way or another, I was part of the pain of all those people, on both sides.

Please I do not want to continue discussing this, I just wanted to express my opinion, thank you very much.
I in no way intended to offend you, and if I did I am sorry. However what I meant by that was that some wars are for viable reasons, and some arent. However no matter what, the people who are part of the conflict should still be respected as a fighting soldier.

My reference to the Falklands was a clear one, I am sure you remember the soldiers who lost their lives in the line of duty for Argentina? This is a symbol of the soldiers who have died for our country, and our Commonwealth (Empire ) brothers in arms, and so we remember them for their part as soldiers, nothing else.

I didnt mean to drag it on as you said you wanted to end the discussion of this, however I felt I needed to explain my stance on the subject in regards to your experience with the Falklands War. The last thing this thread needs is debates.

Oh and I never mentioned, that is one hell of a sum generated by the PR community! I was going to donated a bit but the deadline was over before I got my Debit Card, was gutted!
Old 2011-11-13, 05:43   #45
engels

WelshManDan

Thanks for the answer, maybe I prejudged. I obviously underestimated the maturity of the community, hopefully the same sense of concord remains.

And no, I felt no offended at all, only concerned with finding pitiful comments and heated debates in a place that I consider inappropriate.

It's funny how easy people can understand each other, with only a few words exchanged, isn?t?

I don?t want to distort the reason for the thread, sorry.

Once again, thanks for the reply, and good luck with your cause.

Sorry for my grammatical errors.

Regards, Mauricio
Old 2011-11-13, 09:58   #46
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malchuth View Post
It's a rare thing to see someone treat the foreign enemy's death with the same respect as his own nation's soldier.

Exactly, that's my point. Let's set our international differences aside and just play. Without bias. Calm and neutral.
Any man who fights will have their reason. Even the German soldier who stepped first into Poland then France thought he was doing the right thing. The same goes for the Taliban etc. I believe that if their intentions were pure that any soldier is a hero. Their particular ideologies and deeds can be weighed separately, from their integrity. I suppose that makes me one of those few.

I may just be a reservist but for me, i joined thinking that war is an inevitable outcome of living in separated pockets we call nations. Each with it's own opinions, ideologies, resource needs. Just as the instinct to fight for survival lays deep within every individual cell of your body a country's involvement in war is the same, we are it's cells and it's organs. If war is going to happen i would much rather it be me who fights it than anyone else i know.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Old 2011-11-13, 17:41   #47
Beee8190
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerof_D View Post
If war is going to happen i would much rather it be me who fights it than anyone else i know.
Well said there Bringerof

I always appreciated PR for what it is.
Multicultural player base and great comunity, where religion or politics did not matter.Players fighting over imaginary tasks together, leaving their beliefs or political biases behind them and that is and will be good enough to me.

For me, PR is about fun with other people all over places and I don't need any politics involved to have good times

Lest we forget is all i have left to say
Old 2011-11-13, 19:18   #48
Dutch(CAN)

Great job including that memorial in game.

I was gone hunting for the week, but my mother sent me this. Very appropriate but late. Good job gentlemen.

Little Belgian boy saluting Canadian Troops - YouTube

Old 2011-11-14, 13:20   #49
-|Tactic|-Japsen

Good idea, well placed.

Old 2011-11-15, 18:30   #50
Smiddey723

Send a message via MSN to Smiddey723 Send a message via Yahoo to Smiddey723

I think some people are thinking into this object far to much. Just think of it as a statue with some meaning behind for some people if you do not like it

.:2p:.Smiddey
Closed Thread

Tags
2011, day, rememberance or veterans