project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions
17 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Factions Discussion on PR:BF2 community factions.

Old 2015-09-12, 22:33   #1
WuzzyFuzzy
Lightbulb SADF (South African Defense Forces).

How come someone or some people haven't done these guys yet, absolute legends in the South African Border Wars in the 70s/80s, maybe even a mini-mod for the SADF?
WuzzyFuzzy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 12:38   #2
Cossack
Supporting Member

Default Re: SADF (South African Defense Forces).

If you start making it, it will be here. All factions apart for British and MEC are community made. So, want this - start gathering team.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 19:46   #3
WuzzyFuzzy

Do we have any South Africans on the Project Reality team or at least on the forums?

Also, I'm a sound editor for the most part, so I can do the gun/vehicle sounds etc.
WuzzyFuzzy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-27, 16:22   #4
alexander9822

I'm from South Africa, Cape Town (Brackenfell Area, Northen Suburbs) and by sure hell I'm super surprised to see another South African Here!!!!
alexander9822 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-01, 23:53   #5
JasonMenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander9822 View Post
I'm from South Africa, Cape Town (Brackenfell Area, Northen Suburbs) and by sure hell I'm super surprised to see another South African Here!!!!
IM in south africa CAPE TOWN,
JasonMenge is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-01, 23:56   #6
JasonMenge

im going to apply for a server license, I got a server in store and 1U rack space left in my cabnit in teraco.

ey if you guys want FAST unshaped internet let me know, 20mbps up to 100mbps uncapped unshaped, Speed depends on your location if Fiber available or VDSL just for people on PR R950

If you got LTE mobile data @ R70per Gig R500 for 10gigs
JasonMenge is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 04:35   #7
alexander9822

Great stuff, Lets get this done.
alexander9822 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 15:22   #8
Kloppies

I'm also in Cape Town. I've been playing PR since 2008, and over the years I've found quite a few South Africans on PR servers who live abroad.

A couple of years ago we had a locally hosted skirmish PR server where 10 odd people used to play on.

Creating a faction up to the quality the PR devs expect can take a year or two. Without a very dedicated team and leader most people give up long before they get there.

Forgetting that for a moment, it would be awesome, and it even makes more sense having a SADF faction now given that the ARF is in PR already.

Most of the weapons the old SADF used are in PR already, like the FAL and IMI Galil. The biggest task would be the vehicles and maps.

In game: JarryHead
----------------------------
Kloppies is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
african, defense, forces, sadf, south