project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions
12 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Factions Discussion on PR:BF2 community factions.

Closed Thread

Old 2015-07-09, 04:40   #1
Casvol
Default Yugoslav Wars

Even though I am still new to Project Reality, I really like the game and would love to see it evolve. Although there is a lot of map variety, I feel like there is something missing in the game. With that out of the way, that "something missing" is content involving the wars in the Former Yugoslavia. It would be great to have maps based in Bosnia and Croatia with Serb forces and Bosnian forces in the Bosnian maps, and the Serb and Croat forces in the Croatian maps respectively. For example, a Bosnian map would be based on locations that are similar to Sarajevo or Srebrenica and a Croatian map would be based on a location that is similar to the city of Vukovar. The desired game modes for these maps would be AAS and Skirmish. I would not worry too much about the weapons, since most of the weapons used were variants based on weapons made in the Soviet Union, so they can be ripped from the Russian and Militia assets. Serbian voices are also necessary, since all three languages originated from that language. Vehicles ripped from the Russian and Militia assets are fine too.
That is all.
Edit: For the Bosnian faction, some Turkish voices can work. The Bosnian forces refer to the Serb and Croats as "Dusman", a Turkish word, meaning "enemy" Also, it should be noted that Croatians and Bosnians did fight each other. A map based on the city of Mostar, Croatia would reflect this, since it was one of the major battles of Croat-Bosnian wars.
Last edited by Casvol; 2015-07-09 at 05:07.. Reason: Grammar edit
Old 2015-07-09, 07:37   #2
Cossack
Supporting Member

Default Re: Yugoslav Wars

Someone has to step up and start doing all this. And it will be a lot of work. All community factions are made by COMMUNITY.

So, you want to see this content, start working on it and/or get people that can help you with that.

Old 2015-07-09, 12:46   #3
Madar_al_Fakar

No thank you, Amers need not poke into our civil wars. Bosnians do not speak Turkish language. Our languages did not "originate from Serbian", they are basically/literally the same South Slavic language, just slightly different in small details, Arab spoken language from Morocco also slightly differs from the one in Lebanon and Sudan or Oman, but it's still the same Arabic language and they completely understand each other, such is the case with South Slavic language. The word "dušman" is actually of Persian origin (you can hear PLR Iranian soldiers yell the word out in Battlefield 3 singleplayer :P), and Serbs and Croats use the word sometimes (in the same amount) too.
Last edited by Madar_al_Fakar; 2015-07-09 at 13:06..
Old 2015-07-09, 14:40   #4
Legija

Last edited by Legija; 2015-07-09 at 14:41.. Reason: mnmnmnmn
Old 2015-07-09, 14:43   #5
Legija

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casvol View Post
Even though I am still new to Project Reality, I really like the game and would love to see it evolve. Although there is a lot of map variety, I feel like there is something missing in the game. With that out of the way, that "something missing" is content involving the wars in the Former Yugoslavia. It would be great to have maps based in Bosnia and Croatia with Serb forces and Bosnian forces in the Bosnian maps, and the Serb and Croat forces in the Croatian maps respectively. For example, a Bosnian map would be based on locations that are similar to Sarajevo or Srebrenica and a Croatian map would be based on a location that is similar to the city of Vukovar. The desired game modes for these maps would be AAS and Skirmish. I would not worry too much about the weapons, since most of the weapons used were variants based on weapons made in the Soviet Union, so they can be ripped from the Russian and Militia assets. Serbian voices are also necessary, since all three languages originated from that language. Vehicles ripped from the Russian and Militia assets are fine too.
That is all.
Edit: For the Bosnian faction, some Turkish voices can work. The Bosnian forces refer to the Serb and Croats as "Dusman", a Turkish word, meaning "enemy" Also, it should be noted that Croatians and Bosnians did fight each other. A map based on the city of Mostar, Croatia would reflect this, since it was one of the major battles of Croat-Bosnian wars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madar_al_Fakar View Post
No thank you, Amers need not poke into our civil wars. Bosnians do not speak Turkish language. Our languages did not "originate from Serbian", they are basically/literally the same South Slavic language, just slightly different in small details, Arab spoken language from Morocco also slightly differs from the one in Lebanon and Sudan or Oman, but it's still the same Arabic language and they completely understand each other, such is the case with South Slavic language. The word "du?man" is actually of Persian origin (you can hear PLR Iranian soldiers yell the word out in Battlefield 3 singleplayer :P), and Serbs and Croats use the word sometimes (in the same amount) too.
This would do fine.

Old 2015-07-09, 14:53   #6
Casvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madar_al_Fakar View Post
No thank you, Amers need not poke into our civil wars. Bosnians do not speak Turkish language. Our languages did not "originate from Serbian", they are basically/literally the same South Slavic language, just slightly different in small details, Arab spoken language from Morocco also slightly differs from the one in Lebanon and Sudan or Oman, but it's still the same Arabic language and they completely understand each other, such is the case with South Slavic language. The word "du?man" is actually of Persian origin (you can hear PLR Iranian soldiers yell the word out in Battlefield 3 singleplayer :P), and Serbs and Croats use the word sometimes (in the same amount) too.
Thank you for correcting me on those details. Sometimes, I forget the small things. I was saying that it would be good to include some content involving Yugoslavia. I did not know that I was poking into your history by suggesting this. Needless to say, I apologize.
Old 2015-07-09, 15:17   #7
Jagira

Mediterranean maps are still yet to be seen in Project Reality. This could work.
Old 2015-07-09, 19:14   #8
Rabbit

As stated, community factions mean community created, not requested.

Closed Thread

Tags
community factions, suggestions, wars, yugoslav, yugoslavia