project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2014-10-23, 04:23   #21
fatalsushi83

Default Re: Increase AAS ticket count. Rounds ending too fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingy View Post
I like the rounds as they are, gives me a chance to play more than 1 round in each PR session.
That's a really good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
Dragon Fly is one of the most balanced maps in PR, for INS and AAS. I think a ticket increase would be nice on that map, since people have a blast on it. Sadly, no one plays it anymore, since it doesn't have CAS.
I like it, too. I like any militian or taliban map without cas (Kokan Canada is one of my fav) because it's the most utterly frustrating asset for redfor. A good cas pilot will make technicals and mortars useless rocket magnets, leaving you with no choice but to lead a regular inf squad and move around on foot, constantly seeking cover. Very frustrating.
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 15:20   #22
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingy View Post
I like the rounds as they are, gives me a chance to play more than 1 round in each PR session.
That is indeed a positive aspect. But not positive enough, at least for me.
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 21:30   #23
Murphy

I believe we could up the ticket count again and in a year or so the results would be shorter rounds. It's not just about having more tickets to lose, it's about how a player values tickets.

A number of years ago a team would always consider tickets and winning the round, be it public or not, was the single most important aspect of the game and all SLs had this in mind. The ending of rounds use to play out with everyone and their mom asking any downed friendly to "not give up and go dead-dead" and wait for a medic best case. Players do not care about tickets at all anymore, as made evident by how rarely you find an INF squad defending an objective...let alone be anywhere on cap. I've watched the overall approach to a round turn into a simple TDM concept with little thought towards playing ticket-cost effectively.

Going for a flag is good but when it comes at the cost of 30 tickets because you wouldn't keep your squad on your teams flag "doing nothing" for 10-15 minutes you are ruining the experience for other players as well as yourself. Adding to the ticket cost won't add value to tickets, it's doing the opposite and the player mentality has adjusted to form horrible habits like giving up and respawning where ever the fuck you want without even thinking to inform the SL. There is just one of a million bad habits people have been picking up the past few years that a lot of "old skool PR vets" scorn and mock people for. There have been threads about the "PR players have changed" topic and part of it has been an devolution to adjust to more lax game mechanics.

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 18:11   #24
matty1053

I thought more players left since the rounds were too short.

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 09:08   #25
mat552

Murphy I've been playing long enough to be able to assure you that those habits are not new and that they actually haven't increased all that much. Players have ignored the SL and respawned willy-nilly since .4. Some servers used to grant the CO and SL with some measure of power to bring the admins down on players who disobeyed their orders and that did more to curb undesired behavior than any level of ticket shaming, you only saw that respawn behavior from squads where the SL wasn't taking charge.

@matty I used to play with a bunch of guys who won't look sidelong at PR anymore because AAS turned into a multi-hour long slog where nothing happens. Personally I won't touch Insurgency because of how awful it is for both sides, part of that being the high ticket counts for each team that drag out so many rounds long beyond when it is clear one side is never going to compete.

Players might be hardcoded, but that sure doesn't seem to stop anybody from trying.

The only winning move is not to play. Insurgency, that is.
Last edited by mat552; 2014-10-28 at 09:13..

Tags
aas, count, ending, fast, increase, rounds, ticket