project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
18 Nov 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2006-09-07, 15:46   #21
e-Gor
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PIT]dizzy
Also, anyone who is patching that doesn't have like 8-10 GB of free hard drive space might be in trouble. A clan mate had only 5 gigs of free hard drive space and the patching failed. Luckly he had already made a copy of the bf2 folder so have the dual 1.3/1.4 isntall so he made a copy of that again, free up a total of 10 GB of hard drive space and repatched and it installed fine.
The patch needs 500mb on your system drive, and an additional 1.3Gb on the drive BF2 is installed on. Not enough in either place will mean patching will fail. But that really is the requirement (trust me, I had to clear up space to patch...)
Old 2006-09-07, 16:04   #22
dizzy
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]e-Gor
The patch needs 500mb on your system drive, and an additional 1.3Gb on the drive BF2 is installed on. Not enough in either place will mean patching will fail. But that really is the requirement (trust me, I had to clear up space to patch...)
Well I think they say you need 4 GB of free space and my friend had 5 GB of free space and it still failed. After free'n up a total of 10GB it installed fine. So not sure what the patch is doing, but if you have problems and dont have at least 10 GB free, try to free some space and try again.

Project Reality League Admin
Old 2006-09-07, 16:08   #23
Lugubrum

Quote:
Unpleasant suprise... What will happen when I install and it appaers that there is not enough space?
Old 2006-09-07, 16:19   #24
e-Gor
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

It does a check before patching. You'll get an error and the installer will quit.
Old 2006-09-07, 16:22   #25
Lugubrum

Quote:
It does a check before patching. You'll get an error and the installer will quit.
Oke thanks.

Edit: It works now.
Last edited by Lugubrum; 2006-09-08 at 02:21..

Tags
bf2, compatability, prmm, update, v032, v14