project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
18 Nov 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2018-11-05, 22:23   #1
Anthony817
BF Korea Developer

Default I need your help finding royalty free British WW2 soldier models

So, I am going to call on the community here to help me out with this one. I want something that both my Battlefield 1944 mod, and PR:WW2 can use if they potentially ever do choose to add a British faction to the game. I have a guy willing to export me some soldiers, but I don't want to just use any old character models from other games. I would prefer to have both European theater and North African soldier models please.

I think we can kill 2 birds with one stone so we can get something to potentially help both mods out. They have not said anything to me about wanting to do British, but I think that if we can get some high quality soldier models exported, it could open up the possibility for that very much so. PR already has a lot of British weapons from WW2 era and my team could provide new aircraft and vehicles in the future as well.

But don't get your hopes up, this is just my doing and has nothing to do with the PR team, I just feel like it could be a better possibility if we can find me some good soldier models for my character exporter.

Thanks!

Anthony817 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 01:30   #2
Ragnarok1775
Default Re: I need your help finding royalty free British WW2 soldier models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony817 View Post
So, I am going to call on the community here to help me out with this one. I want something that both my Battlefield 1944 mod, and PR:WW2 can use if they potentially ever do choose to add a British faction to the game. I have a guy willing to export me some soldiers, but I don't want to just use any old character models from other games. I would prefer to have both European theater and North African soldier models please.

I think we can kill 2 birds with one stone so we can get something to potentially help both mods out. They have not said anything to me about wanting to do British, but I think that if we can get some high quality soldier models exported, it could open up the possibility for that very much so. PR already has a lot of British weapons from WW2 era and my team could provide new aircraft and vehicles in the future as well.

But don't get your hopes up, this is just my doing and has nothing to do with the PR team, I just feel like it could be a better possibility if we can find me some good soldier models for my character exporter.

Thanks!
Not at home right now so I can't do a good side-by-side comparison, but what about asking the devs behind Forgotten Hope 2? They have standard, paratroopers, and African troops (shorts and rolled sleeves etc). Along with a lot of other factions stuff (Waffen-SS, German winter camo, Finland, Russia, Italy, Canada, Australia).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ragnarok1775 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 01:37   #3
Anthony817
BF Korea Developer

Sorry my dude, FH2 doesn't typically share content with other mod teams. We are on our own with this which is why if this guy comes through making them for us we will be set.

Besides, we got most of what we need from our fellow Black Sand Studios mod teams that share content. And if I can get this made I am happy to share with all other BSS mod teams so we can cover all bases.

I mean, I could go the other route and grab files from other games, but I don't want to do that because I know PR doesn't like that and wouldn't use them if we did. So I am trying to keep it legit so it will benefit both mod teams.

I am just having a difficult time locating decent enough player models that are relatively HD but optimized well for BF2.

Anthony817 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 11:46   #4
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I would ask them and see if they will. Time has moved on and they may be more willing to trade now. Also might be worth going directly to whoever made them and asking them directly if you can as if they approve of it then the rest of the team will most likely be ok with it too.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 14:47   #5
HeneraLuna

I think XWW2 Mod has Brits. But I think they only have the African Campaign uniforms

HeneraLuna is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 15:57   #6
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Don't you from Korea have something they want?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 18:59   #7
Anthony817
BF Korea Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
Don't you from Korea have something they want?
Eh not really, I have tried to trade them aircraft before such as an A-26A and posted on their forums and never got a reply. Last time I saw TS4Ever comment on a person using their models in a mod he got pretty upset, but that was obviously without permission. Also, being able to secure the rights for 1 mod alone might be harder let alone multiple. I wanted them to be able to be used for the mods Battlefield 1944, PR:WW2, BFKorea, and at least IDF mod for their Jordanian forces since they used WW2 British uniforms and equipment for many years.

Also we looked at using XWW2 content, but much of it is so poor quality, and the hands of the Australians which we looked at using for Desert Rats were pretty jacked up.

So I do think it is best if we can maybe find some royalty free models that can be used and would benefit us all in the long run, or I can try and see if somebody can make them for us, but it will be more time consuming.

Last edited by Anthony817; 2018-11-06 at 19:54..
Old 2018-11-07, 14:49   #8
HeneraLuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony817 View Post
Last time I saw TS4Ever comment on a person using their models in a mod he got pretty upset, but that was obviously without permission.
yes when that guy posted his ww2 mod concept on youtube using FH2 Soldier models.

HeneraLuna is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
british, finding, free, models, royalty, soldier, ww2