project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
17 Aug 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2022-06-27, 16:29   #1
Crylink
Default Shovel Auto-click

Remove the need to hold LMB for the shovel to build.

its uncomfortable(sometimes painful) to hold a LMB for a long periods of time when building FOBs or roadblocks.
Crylink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-29, 06:44   #2
Grump/Gump.45

Exclamation Re: Shovel Auto-click

You are supposed to be IDF, Krav Maga should have taught you to deal with pain. I am going to make an exercise video for yall. Full body. Including what I do for my hands and forearms with a foam stress ball. I still use my pinky to crouch, I remember how much it used to hurt to use CTRL to crouch, but now it doesn't.

I already auto-dig, I weigh my mouse button down with my laptop or you can use a keyboard. I used to wedge my mouse between bed and cardboard box. When I had my touch pad for laptop activated it was easier to just chip clip it down.

Innovate or yall lazy. It takes 2 minutes to fully dig a FOB. Its how I build roadblock walls on my own, which stay up after 50% so I can dig 2 at 50% for a total of 100% between them. Only takes half the time as doing it fully.

I have told people I am auto-digging, if I don't crawl right to the next one I tell them push me to it and I will already have mouse held down. It works great, I put myself 1 meter away from the next connected piece of wall.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-29, 09:54   #3
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Shovel Auto-click

Get an 30$ keyboard with programable macro keys?
I have a single button to shovel, enable/disable thermal....

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-29, 14:03   #4
Crylink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesh_italiano View Post
Get an 30$ keyboard with programable macro keys?
I have a single button to shovel, enable/disable thermal....
Nah I just put something heavy on the button and it works just aswell

its more of an inconvenience
Crylink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 09:11   #5
clueless_noob

How about stop going solo? When the whole squad is shoveling it doesn't take too many seconds to build a fob. Actually, the more shovels, the less shovel strokes in combined total it takes to get it done.
clueless_noob is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 18:15   #6
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

I feel the same way about "mining" in some games, or running for 5 minutes with the squad holding down W, so I use VoiceAttack and custom voice commands to hold down mouse/keys as needed in those uneventful activities. Pressing the key/button once again cancels the hold, so don't even need to use a "Stop (walking/running)" type command to end it. There are so many alternatives, too, like AHK (AutoHotKey) and others.

Games won't do this for you - but there are tools out there to buy and for free as well.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-03, 08:43   #7
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_noob View Post
How about stop going solo? When the whole squad is shoveling it doesn't take too many seconds to build a fob. Actually, the more shovels, the less shovel strokes in combined total it takes to get it done.
This is not Call of Duty, nothing needs to be done that fast. The bigger picture is you have the full squad running to one thing at a time getting one thing done at a time while bunched up risking everyone dying in one spot.

People bunch up, full squad dead then at least one person has the nerve to ask for a medic un-intelligently as if the enemy wasn't still in view. Selfish players, not making the medics job potentially easier by not bunching up. I kick people who ask for medic in that situation, I always say don't bunch up and they ignore it completely. So many reasons to kick. It looks stupid the way they run together, then when these same people speak... the sound is stupid. Shows the basicness of their minds, 24/7 basic thinking where they make same mistakes over and over.

When you could have 1 guy dig each thing, it gets done at around the same time instead of 1 thing done at a time. Why am I the only person in Project Reality to do this? I have to un-teach every bad habit all other squad leaders tolerate cause they somehow don't identify it as an issue. Getting done slower than you could while risking the majority of the squad. Don't run to help dig cause then you bunch up that person. Enemy will watch and wait for 2 or more targets to get close together. I think that is the only aspect of "teamwork" you people can imagine, helping each other dig. Which is counter-active to teamwork cause of how it bunches everyone up.

A FOB takes 2 minutes for one guy, 1 minute for 2 guys, so if the 6 others are ready to dig then everything like TOW/AA/HMG and Foxholes get done at the same time. 2 things to do, dig and run ammo to 4 possible FOB assets. The first guy done runs ammo, once all digging is done its focus on ammo. All the squad leader needs to do is not be lazy and run in a line so everything doesn't get destroyed in one spot by mortars or area attack.

So many things wrong with everyone digging one thing, especially in this game. I honestly wish they would limit it to 2 people able to actively digging one thing cause in reality you can't fit that many people throwing dirt around a small asset. Its dumb, I have seen 6 people dig one thing just to have a TOW/Tank/APC/grenade kill them all in 1 second. There is explosives of many kinds in the game. I think people should be aware by now. Being close together does not make you safer, its just a false feeling you feed into by bunching up. 1 man hit per tank shell formation full time. Make them use 8 or more shells per squad.

What are you in such a rush to do that it needs to be done in 10 seconds? Take some time to build some FOB assets. This is not Call of Duty. I do not tolerate everyone running to go dig on one thing in my squad. They look so dumb running all bunched together. Its all the other squad leaders faults I have to deal with this. If you can't follow "1 man digs each thing, no more than 2 digging the FOB" then I highlight and kick. I don't want to deal with them not listening later. Not that hard, use your eyes, see 2 people digging something? Don't help cause you aren't actually helping by bunching them up. Wait in security spread of 1 man hit per tank shell

As soon as the FOB appears out of the ground at 25% dug assets can start to be placed.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-03, 08:49   #8
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_noob View Post
1 guy digs each thing. FOB takes 2 minutes, TOW/AA/HMG takes 1 minute each. Do the math, stop having everyone blown up in one spot. Nothing needs to be done that fast unless the opportunity to kill tank is coming which, by all means don't bunch up to dig. We have to run ammo now, do that instead of helping dig. The TOW can be used as soon as it pops up before its done so no needs to help get things done that fast.
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2022-07-03 at 09:02..
Old 2022-07-03, 11:25   #9
[R-DEV]​Suchar
PR:BF2 Developer
Project Reality Beta Tester

Time to turn shoveling into a QTE minigame

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote